Breastfeeding

frozen bm

I have a freezer in my classroom at work and after pumping I put the milk in there.  I then stick it in the freezer as soon as I get home.  Today I ended up having to go somewhere else before going home and it partly thawed.  Can I stick it back in the freezer, if not do I still have only 24 hours?
Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    

Re: frozen bm

• I wouldn't refreeze even if it was just partially thawed.
    DD #1 Amber Lynn 12/2000, DD #2 Leia Elizabeth 6/2009, DD#3 Aayla Ruth 08/2012. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm on the fence with this one -- the NICU had us freeze BM and then bring it in to their freezers -- and that was okay with them (and I would consider they have some of the more rigorous standards!). Obviously it wasn't 100% frozen by the time it got all the way into the NICU, and then into their freezers.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I believe I saw on kelly mom that as long as it is still partially frozen you can be refrozen.  Look on the Kelly mom site under the section about power outages
    Keeshia P.- Devoted Wife, Mother, & RN

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards