June 2012 Moms

Walking

My LO took her first steps, 4 of them, at 7mo 1wk.... any other LO's trying to be over-achievers?! It's crazy how our babies are learning and doing so much at this stage in life. I love it!!

Re: Walking

• Okay I will be honest I would never believe that your child did this I would have assumed this was just some made up story on the internet to make the rest of us feel bad until I met someone at Gymboree whose daughter walked at 7 months.  My daughter on the other hand walked at 17 months and I am secretly hoping DS holds out too.  It was great having a late walker I did not have to deal with the toddling etc.. just took steps on Saturday and was running by Thursday.  GL I was just talking to my cousin yesterday whose son is climbing steps at 8 months ugh so far none of that in my world DS rolls and army crawls and that is fine by me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • image snicksnack:

Okay I will be honest I would never believe that your child did this I would have assumed this was just some made up story on the internet to make the rest of us feel bad until I met someone at Gymboree whose daughter walked at 7 months.  My daughter on the other hand walked at 17 months and I am secretly hoping DS holds out too.  It was great having a late walker I did not have to deal with the toddling etc.. just took steps on Saturday and was running by Thursday.  GL I was just talking to my cousin yesterday whose son is climbing steps at 8 months ugh so far none of that in my world DS rolls and army crawls and that is fine by me.

DD is climbing steps now.  She'll walk while holding our hands but she hasn't taken any steps unassisted...other than using her crib or couch for support.

My co-worker's daughter walked at 7 months too.  I don't know that I would be ready for that! Smile 

applauseimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This is not a made up story and I'm not posting to make people feel bad. The achievements our LO's make aren't a competition. I just made a post to see if there were any other walkers yet; just like other moms have asked about rolling over, crawling, getting teeth, etc. It was just a post. I did not realize I would get criticized for it :(
  • ...I think you're being a little sensitive to our comments. Let's be honest, you don't hear of many 7 month old babies walking, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. I literally had never heard of a 7 month old walking until this morning when I was talking about my baby with a co-worker. I never said that I didn't believe you and neither did the previous poster who said that previously, she may have doubted it but has heard of other babies doing the same thing.  That being said, neither one of us criticized you for asking if any one else's babies are walking yet and I don't think any one else will be upset that your baby is walking while others are not.

• Mine has been walking while holding hands with us, she pushes a babydoll around in a little stroller, and likes to stand up and let go so she is standing alone so I don't think walking on her own is that far off!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • image speer06:

...I think you're being a little sensitive to our comments. Let's be honest, you don't hear of many 7 month old babies walking, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. I literally had never heard of a 7 month old walking until this morning when I was talking about my baby with a co-worker. I never said that I didn't believe you and neither did the previous poster who said that previously, she may have doubted it but has heard of other babies doing the same thing.  That being said, neither one of us criticized you for asking if any one else's babies are walking yet and I don't think any one else will be upset that your baby is walking while others are not.

Thanks for your response Speer.  I am sorry I did not mean for it to come off critical if I had said it to you IRL you would have realized that. sometimes typing can come off wrong.  Have fun with your little walker and good luck keeping up J

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's cool. I don't think that anyone would be critical of any LO's achievements. We celebrate them all regardless of when they happen Smile

• My DS just figured out crawling forward this week. And he is already pulling up on things! He is no where near stable enough to stand or take steps yet. I am thrilled to watch him crawl all over and terrified at the same time.

Lots of babyproofing to do in this house!

First we had eachother.5.27.11
    Then we had you.6.16.12
    Now we have everything.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Ds1 was an overachiever too. He crawled at 5 1/2 mths, started pulling up/cruising furniture at 6mth and walked at 8mths. He was and still is very big for his age which I think had something to do with it. He's very active and good on his feet.  I was very very glad when ds2 didn't crawl until 10 mths and didn't walk until 14-15mths. It was heaven. Ds3 has been crawling since 5mths but has no interest really in standing or walking which is fine. He gets into enough trouble crawling. Every baby is different. Some are more active and physical while others will talk first and some do both early.  
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD is pulling up on everything.  She loves to hold my hands and dance around.  As a teenager, I babysat for a baby who walked at 7 months.  Every baby has their own timeline.  DS didn't walk until 17 months (but he must have been practicing in secret because he could walk forward, backwards, and sideways all in one day).
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
  • 7 months is a bit early to walk but I guess it could happen. Our DS walks if you hold his hands and actually takes steps himself.  He can pull himself up in his crib onto his feet so we actually had to lower his crib so he doesn't crawl or fall out. My inlaws told me my DH started walking when he was 9 months old so I wouldn't be shocked if my DS started walking soon.
    imageimageimageimage

imageimage  imageimage

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    June Siggy Challenge
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    http://southernsavingsmommy.blogspot.com/
    BFP 9/22/2011 It's a boy! 1/03/2012 DS born 6/6/2012
  • image Gismo123:
    7 months is a bit early to walk but I guess it could happen. Our DS walks if you hold his hands and actually takes steps himself.  He can pull himself up in his crib onto his feet so we actually had to lower his crib so he doesn't crawl or fall out. My inlaws told me my DH started walking when he was 9 months old so I wouldn't be shocked if my DS started walking soon.

Definitely really early! My first started walking at 9 1/2 months and I thought that was super early. It was so funny seeing this baby walking around with all the toddlers though! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker NATALIE - 9/13/09 HANNAH - 6/8/12
  • DS is 8 months and a week old and trying so hard to walk unassisted.. Right now he's trying to stand without pulling up on anything..it's so fun to watch! And wow! You have yourself a very early walker!
  • My neice started crawling at 5 months and walking at 6 so I know that your lo walking is DEFINITELY possable! :
  • DD just started army crawling at 8 months and while she'll stand and walk with our hands, she has yet to attempt pulling up or anything like that.  Can't say I'm THAT disappointed... she's growing fast enough as it is.  Enjoy your walker!
    TTC #1 9/2011  BFP 10/3/2011! (EDD 6/10/2012)   Aubrey Lynn, 6/17/12Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD has finally started rolling over on a consistent basis!!!  She wants to crawl, but just manages to scoot backwards a bit, which pisses her off.  Her brother started crawling in his 9th month and didn't walk until 15 months, so she's on schedule for our family.

She does however, have 8 teeth and I believe she is working on 9 and 10.  So, she is an overachiever in that arena.  DS had about 10 by this age, so she's behind by his standards.  LOL!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers