3rd Trimester
Options

Has Anyone Taken Prilosec?

I'm at 29 weeks and have had some serious heartburn. My OB said to take one Prilosec per day. I've taken it for the past two days, and it's working great already, but I've read different things about taking it during pregnancy.

The sources I've read say there haven't been tests done on humans but that in animals it increases the chance of miscarriage. But since I'm now past the risk of miscarriage I don't know if it increases chances of complications or stillbirth. 

I looked up some more things in forums online, and I saw a few women who said they took it, even throughout most of their pregnancies, and had no problems.

So I guess my questions are:

1. Have you taken Prilosec during pregnancy with no problems? 

2. Have you or do you know of anyone who has had pregnancy complications related to taking Prilosec? 

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Has Anyone Taken Prilosec?

• Options

Like PP but I took Prevacid, but the Target brand. If I missed one day I started feeling it within about 6 hours.

My Dr. recommended it because my reflux started at about 18 weeks and was horrible.

You be fine and it is way better than suffering. Good luck 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes, with my first pregnancy I had atrocious heartburn.  I went through two big bottles of Tums and used Prilosec and something else, generic so I don't recall what it compared to.  Thankfully every pregnancy is different and I didn't have it bad with DS and so far haven't had it much at all with this pregnancy.

I don't know of any problems from taking it.  We didn't have any.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was already taking it prior to pregnancy -- I stopped when I got pregnant, because the info all said it wasn't pregnancy safe, but then my doc told me I could start taking it again because my heart burn was so bad that it was giving me nausea. 

No issues since then. :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, everybody. This is putting my mind at ease about it. I think I'll finish out the 14 days or however long it is and then see how I feel.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"