New Mexico Babies

Wic Benefits

I got laid off in September and my husband and I were able to receive some aid through the wic program. I was wondering if anyone has ideas on how to maximize them. For example: I get 36 oz of dry cereal, but i'm never able to use all 36, i usually have 6-9 oz left... I also have trouble with which breads I can use, even though the list is extensive, I seem to always choose one that the cashier says isnt accepted :/ Any ideas welcome! 

Re: Wic Benefits

• We get WIC benefits for 2 of our foster kids, so I have some knowledge of the process. 

Our grocery store has all WIC items labeled on the shelves, so it makes it so much easier for us to know what is, and isn't, WIC approved.  We always get the Sara Lee, whole wheat bread in the 16oz package, this way we can get 2 loaves.  As for the cereal, we usually get 2 family sized boxes and that adds up to exactly 36oz.  Of course we usually only get Cheerios, Honey Bunches of Oats, or Frosted Mini Wheats, so sizes may be different on other brands. 

If you have any other questions, let me know, and I'll do my best to help you out.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"