June 2013 Moms

Vulli Giraffe

Why is this so popular?? What am I missing?? It kinda reminds me of a dog toy. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Vulli Giraffe

• Hehe. I went shopping with an older friend two days ago and she actually bought me Sophie (that's the giraffe's name). We were at a children's boutique and according to the shop owner, it is one of his best-selling items. He told us babies love it because the legs reach to the back of their mouths, so they're able to soothe the gums way back there. That being said, though, I totally agree with you about the comparison to a dog toy.
    TTC#2 for 13 months - 5th round of clomid did it! BFP 10/2/12 BabyFruit Ticker
  • One of my friends that doesn't even have or ever want kids is already telling me how she's getting me this. I don't have one teeny clue what the hubbub is all about.

• Loading the player...
  • I made fun of it too when I was pregnant with DS. I ended up getting it for my shower and DS loved it. He's now 15 months and still plays with his cousin's. Go figure. Both my nieces loved it too.
    It's really easy for a little baby to squeak and maybe that's why they love it? I'd get one if I were you though! I lost DS's and will be buying one for DD.
         Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • This was my son's most favorite thing in the entire world. He also liked th other Vuli teethers. I personally prefer it over other teething items because it's natural rubber and not plastic. Plastic has all sorts of chemicals in it and I didn't want my son to be knawing on plastic. Sophie was worth every penny I paid for her.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha I have had one since I was 6 weeks along, it was on sale on Amazon.
  • We never had one, but I remember reading other people's stories of how awesome it is. I just can't bring myself to pay $20+ for a teether.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• All of my friends' kids loved it, but we never gave it to our daughter because of the latex issue with cumulative exposure. If they made a latex free one, I'd buy it! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagetheroadahead:
    Haha I have had one since I was 6 weeks along, it was on sale on Amazon.

Same here, couldn't pass up a good deal!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Watch the movie 3 Men and a Baby. Tom Selleck buys this from a street vendor for baby Mary.
  • I have a funny story about this Giraffe. A few weeks before my wedding, we did a family and friends joint bachelor/bachelorette party.  When my cousins (2 sisters) were leaving the bar they found this giraffe on the ground outside their car. They were a bit tipsy and thought it was hilarious, so they took it.  They decided it was the wedding mascot and took it with them when they went dress shopping. It was there when I got my hair highlighted and it was brought in the limo to my wedding and reception. My mom actually dressed it up with a veil and flowers! haha

Here's a pic before the wedding with me holding the "mascot".

Married 3/24/12
    #1 Born 6/14/13
    #2 Due 11/1/16

• I'm a nanny and every baby I've ever taken care of has loved it.  The rubber is kind of different from most other toys, and I think they like how it feels in their mouth. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

4 losses: Natural m/c 8w 1/11, CP 12/11, CP 3/12, and our perfectly healthy baby girl Charlotte Grace, missed M/C 5/31/12 at 8w5d
    DX: Endo, heterozygous MTHFR, low progesterone
    Surprise unmedicated BFP 9/21/12!! Beta #1 9/22 (10 DPO) 46 Beta #2 9/24 (12 DPO) 226! Heartbeat 136 bpm at 7w! It's a BOY!  Theodore Joshua born 5/23/13 at 7:36am via c/s, 7lb13oz, 19.25in
    TTC#2 5/14, BFP 8/15/14!  Beta #1 16 (11 DPO), Beta #2 71 (14 DPO) Beta #3 164 (16 DPO) Beta #4 633 (21 DPO) Beta #5 1487 (23 DPO) Heartbeat 121 bpm at 6w6d!  EDD 4/25/15
  • It's a glorified dog toy. But we bought one because it was fancy and cool, it's made out of natural rubber from tree sap or something and uses all natural food paints on it so its completely safe for baby. The texture of it is kind of cool. The squeak is highly obnoxious. We put it in M's Easter basket last year. M liked it for about a month, and all she would do is bang it on stuff or throw it at the end of her car seat and kick it to make it squeak. She never used it as a teether and could care less about it now. Total waste of money, but it is cute.
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Babies love it, it's easy to grasp, and safe to chew but my dog wanted it so bad, it caused issues.
  • imagehst:
    Babies love it, it's easy to grasp, and safe to chew but my dog wanted it so bad, it caused issues.

I can totally see it causing issues.  My dog would want it everytime it squeaks

• My DD never liked Sophie. She didn't get her first tooth until she was more than a year old. Maybe that's why?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"