October 2012 Moms

UO

Anyone got anything?? It is Thursday after all.

imageimage

"Benny cures everything.  He's the breastmilk of people." ~CinemaGoddess

Re: UO

• I work in the courts in CT and I know they are going to be open tomorrow regardless of the BLIZZARD because crime doesn't stop for snowstorms, yo. 

My UO is that this BS.  I also just wanted to complain. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i think we already have a UO thread ha!

Anycrap...

My only lame unpopular opinion today is that i wish my boss was actually here. I'm lonely, and i need some sh!t signed, ya know?

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Born: October 9th, 2012
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• It's really stupid when people check in on FB everywhere.they.go. "At work! At the store! Running errands! Finally home!" I swear the check in feature screams "I'm not home. Please break into my house and steal my stuff!"

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • image mrs.ike:
    It's really stupid when people check in on FB everywhere.they.go. "At work! At the store! Running errands! Finally home!" I swear the check in feature screams "I'm not home. Please break into my house and steal my stuff!"

The check-ins at gyms are also obnoxious.  Very AWish.

• I have facebook "friends" that I absolutely cannot stand in real life. I stay their friend on facebook simply to gain entertainment from the trainwreckage of their lives. It's better than watching Maury, I tell ya!

This. 

image  image

I am ellcore's betch.

• image tysgirl2006:
    I have facebook "friends" that I absolutely cannot stand in real life. I stay their friend on facebook simply to gain entertainment from the trainwreckage of their lives. It's better than watching Maury, I tell ya!

Me too!! "Why can't I find a REAL man to take care of me?!?!?!" Well maybe because you have 5 kids by 4 different men and you meet all of your perspective boyfriends in trashy bars.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Oct Angel Babies
  • Oh, another one.  I think CrossFit does more damage than good.  My BIL does it along with eating a Paleo diet and the dude just doesn't look healthy.  He's sick all the time and his body has this wasting away look rather than toned and fit.  Maybe he's doing it wrong, but it has me seriously side-eyeing it. 
  • image mrs.ike:
    image tysgirl2006:
    I have facebook "friends" that I absolutely cannot stand in real life. I stay their friend on facebook simply to gain entertainment from the trainwreckage of their lives. It's better than watching Maury, I tell ya!

Me too!! "Why can't I find a REAL man to take care of me?!?!?!" Well maybe because you have 5 kids by 4 different men and you meet all of your perspective boyfriends in trashy bars.

Lol! I have one of these "friends" whose 14 YEAR OLD is due to have a baby anyday now. And she's EXCITED to be a grandma! Wtf! And the kid is pregnant by a 19 YEAR OLD and she thinks this is ok! White trash I tell you! Not to mention, quit telling all of your underage daughter's business on facebook!!
  • image tysgirl2006:
    image mrs.ike:
    image tysgirl2006:
    Lol! I have one of these "friends" whose 14 YEAR OLD is due to have a baby anyday now. And she's EXCITED to be a grandma! Wtf! And the kid is pregnant by a 19 YEAR OLD and she thinks this is ok! White trash I tell you! Not to mention, quit telling all of your underage daughter's business on facebook!!

i wish i had this kind of drama. my facebook is totes boring these days. All i get are shared Meme's. UGH.

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• Whoops! I clearly didn't scroll far enough if I missed the other UO post.

Mine is that I think it's crap to brag about your kid STTN in a post where the OP is struggling with sleep issues. Good for you and your awesome kid...some of us aren't that lucky. A little empathy would be nice.

imageimage

• I don't see the other UO thread...

ETA

• image rachelmichelle1:
    imageThis.nbsp;

I wholeheartedly agree!

imageimage

• I had my WTF wednesday ready to go - guess it is  Thursday.  I don't have an UO.  Baby just had a 4 hour nap for the sitter -since he kept me up all night and I sent out a mass email saying March when it is really February then I had to resend- I hate that.  DH got mad at me for not waking him up and letting him sleep on the couch - he apologized quickly because I think he realized that next I will wake him up to rock a fussy baby and I will happily sleep on the couch.  Sorry turned into a vent - I will try to have an UO next week.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • image sjgurl784:

I don't see the other UO thread...

ETA

it's not titled UO. 

Nevermind, bad joke gone wrong...

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• My UO is I hate living in Illinois. I think our politicians are all corrupt mobsters. 

• My unpopular opinion is surely unpopular (and kinda weird) ...I like it when baby poops.  It makes me feel like everything is going right...baby is eating and growing etc.  I get anxious if he hasnt gone for a period of time, so when he does, I can relax.  I actually like the way it smells too, because I can usually tell if somethings up based on how it smells.  (freak!!!!!)  I honestly think it sets off some sort of chemical in body that relaxes me.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• not unpopular. When Audrey didn't poop for 4 days and then pooed quarter size nuggets...yeah i love when she poops regularly.

F*cking similac.

MurphyBearsMom Blog
    Baby Girl, Audrey Elena

• image gusabbey:
    My unpopular opinion is surely unpopular (and kinda weird) ...I like it when baby poops.  It makes me feel like everything is going right...baby is eating and growing etc.  I get anxious if he hasnt gone for a period of time, so when he does, I can relax.  I actually like the way it smells too, because I can usually tell if somethings up based on how it smells.  (freak!!!!!)  I honestly think it sets off some sort of chemical in body that relaxes me.  

I 100% agree! 

• I think it's ridiculous when people stock up on food before snow comes. You aren't going to be home bound forever. You will be able to get out if need be.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I side eye not giving your baby a bath at least every other night or even every night for that matter. From what I've read recently that's an UO :)
    "Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick and pull yourself together" Elizabeth Taylor DD 05/10 DS 10/12
  • I haven't been around for a while but here's my UO:

We are giving LO rice cerealas per the doctors orders for reflux and he likes it. He actively opens his mouth for it before the spoon gets to his face! He barely pushes any of it out! I'm glad it makes him fart because sometimes he has a hard time going. I look forward to more foods and the poop that comes with it :
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • R

image Brea16:
    Whoops! I clearly didn't scroll far enough if I missed the other UO post. Mine is that I think it's crap to brag about your kid STTN in a post where the OP is struggling with sleep issues. Good for you and your awesome kid...some of us aren't that lucky. A little empathy would be nice.

yep. This. 

• image Jessica614:
    I think it's ridiculous when people stock up on food before snow comes. You aren't going to be home bound forever. You will be able to get out if need be.

Yes

• image Jessica614:
    I think it's ridiculous when people stock up on food before snow comes. You aren't going to be home bound forever. You will be able to get out if need be.

I think everyone should have extra food stocked up for any unexpected  random reason (earthquake, flood etc..) Hypothetically  What if you couldn't get to a store when you wanted? How long can you last in your house with the food you have?

• image Jessica614:

I can understand getting something if your low. Like milk. But there is no need to by ten gallons of it and a whole bunch of bread! They don't plow the alleys were we live and most have garages or parking pads in the back of their homes. So I can't get out because I don't have all wheel drive.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ChrisG83:

image Jessica614:

I think everyone should have extra food stocked up for any unexpected  random reason (earthquake, flood etc..) Hypothetically  What if you couldn't get to a store when you wanted? How long can you last in your house with the food you have?

We actually have a survival kit just in case of catastrophe, and given the recent crazy weather patterns, it seems silly not to be somewhat prepared.

Although ours is in case of a zombie apocalypse...so there's that.

imageimage

• image ChrisG83:

image Jessica614:

But how long, realistically, are you going to be unable to get out?  A day?  Two?  I would hope most people have enough for two days on a regular basis. 

• image Brea16:
    image ChrisG83:

image Jessica614:

We actually have a survival kit just in case of catastrophe, and given the recent crazy weather patterns, it seems silly not to be somewhat prepared. Although ours is in case of a zombie apocalypse...so there's that.

Well now, that's completely necessary.  Only fools go without one.