Photography

photo comment thread

Hey guys, wanna do a comment thread? Can be for general sharing or if you have a question about your image. Share your photo, then person below you gives feedback before sharing their own photo.

Re: photo comment thread

• Any takers?

All right I'll start. This is my friend with her 3 month old daughter. Took this photo standing over them on the bed, natural light source directly above their heads (the window)

imageimage

• I never get many C&C when I post on this board.

I love the photo! I'm viewing it on my laptop which I cant calibrate, but the color looks great, and so does the exposure to me. I wish I had a photo like that of me and DS.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The light, white balance and connection looks great. The composition feels tight to me. I want to see the top or her head / hair and her back. Watch out for limb chops!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 

• Where are your guys' photos? Thanks for the suggestions, now lets get this photo chain going!
  • I agree on the composition note.  You already trimmed her elbow, but by the time this is an 8x10, it'll chop her hand & the baby's bottom too.  When shooting, always leave some extra space on the edges.  What you see through the view finder is "snap shot" or 4x6 size and most wall hangings are a little more squared off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with others. I would want to see more of it zoomed out a bit.

ETA: I'd love to participate but I'm not comfortable putting my pics out of the little guy.  

"They tell me you were born premature, my child, but this is only partially true..
    for in my heart you were right on time." 

• Love the photo, the skin tones and white balance look great. I'm actually a fan of tight compositions so I don't have a problem with the cropping for the most part. Imo if anything it would feel a little more balanced if you could see a little bit more on the right side.

I don't feel great about my photo's yet but I feel bad that no one has added to the chain yet so I will go ahead and post one...

This is from a little session I did with my son for valentines day. All the pics are very peachy and pink and dreamy. Cuz yup I like color screens :P
    This is my fav.

(right click -> view image for bigger version)

• image deedylovescake:

Love the photo, the skin tones and white balance look great. I'm actually a fan of tight compositions so I don't have a problem with the cropping for the most part. Imo if anything it would feel a little more balanced if you could see a little bit more on the right side.

I don't feel great about my photo's yet but I feel bad that no one has added to the chain yet so I will go ahead and post one...

This is from a little session I did with my son for valentines day. All the pics are very peachy and pink and dreamy. Cuz yup I like color screens :P
    This is my fav.

(right click -> view image for bigger version)

Overall I like it and don't mind the color.  And since it was for you and that is what you like, then go for it :)  I know some people do not like color like that though.

I don't like the composition with your son's head being cut off though. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I also don't like posting my pics of my own LO, or of others' LOs but I will play!

The first pic: I don't mind the close cropping, but the editing is overdone IMO.  Maybe that's just my preference though.  The mom's arm is completely smooth and hair-free!  Seems plastic to me.  I wish she had earrings in, and I wish the baby had a diaper cover.  My eyes went right to the disposable.  These comments are less about the photo-making and more about the pre-photo prep and post-photo editing.  I see from the siggy that editing is in line with your style though so hats off to staying true to your own preferences.

The second pic: I do mind the close cropping here, would have liked to see the whole ear.  Maybe more.  I like the wings, and the idea.  The warmth of the color I could take or leave but you seem to really like it, enough to write your disclaimer, haha.  This is a nice photo to look back on when your LO has more hair!  A rarely-photographed side.  :-)

• Hi. New to this board (not "The Bump!).

I think the framing on this picture is great. The tight cropping lets you focus on her and the babys eyes looking at each other. There really is no reason to see the top of her head since she is laying on a bed and her hair is already kind of messy. EElbow either. Those are not the main focus points. I would also try making a black and white version and playing with the contrast. Just my opinion!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image jlsimon56:

I also don't like posting my pics of my own LO, or of others' LOs but I will play!

The first pic: I don't mind the close cropping, but the editing is overdone IMO.  Maybe that's just my preference though.  The mom's arm is completely smooth and hair-free!  Seems plastic to me.  I wish she had earrings in, and I wish the baby had a diaper cover.  My eyes went right to the disposable.  These comments are less about the photo-making and more about the pre-photo prep and post-photo editing.  I see from the siggy that editing is in line with your style though so hats off to staying true to your own preferences.

Yeah that ^^^ I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with the crop. Backs and hair don't count as limbs. You want people to think bigger then a 8x10 ratio anyway! This is a gorgeous image and I wish I had one of me and my baby just like this. <3

cutest ever copy Mom to Elenore(5), Solomon(3), and Rosalie(6 months)