August 2012 Moms

Egg Remedy for Teething ?!?!?

Ok, I just had to share this ... this has go to be the weirdest advise I've gotten.  This is from an older woman that I work with.  Anyone ever heard of this?  Or any other wacky teething remedies???

She wrote:

There is an old wives tale that says to take an egg from your refrigerator and put it pointy end down in a coffee mug. Sit the mug in one of your cabinets and forget about it until the majority of your child's teeth have come in. We left it in there for about a year, and she never had any more problems. All of her teeth came in fine and we never had to use orajel or anything else again. I swear by this!  I think it's worth trying...won't hurt the child and it doesn't stink because the shell is not cracked.

WTH?!?!?

My Journey to Motherhood
Me 36, DH 42
7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
TTC Since January 2009
Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Girl # 2
TTC Since June 2013
Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
EDD 10/15/16
At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Egg Remedy for Teething ?!?!?

• logically, there's absolutely no reason why this would do anything but become rotten in a cupboard. however I'm becoming desperate for teething remedies.

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Yeah, really weird!  I asked her to explaine the science to me (I was a huge fan of Mr. Wizard!).  She had nothing logical to provide.  It reminds me of some college soroity joke or something.

My Journey to Motherhood
    Me 36, DH 42
    7.5 years of TTC ... It never gets any easier.

Baby Girl # 1
    TTC Since January 2009
    Reproductive Endocrinologist diagnosed us "Unexplained Infertility".
    After 3 years . . . 3 IUIs . . . and 3 IVFs . . . our miracle GIRL arrived on August 6, 2012.

Baby Girl # 2
    TTC Since June 2013
    Got pregnant on our own without Fertility Treatments - January 2016!  Thank you snow storm Jonas!
    EDD 10/15/16
    At 20-week anatomy scan found IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction), and very low Amniotic Fluid.  Now, I'm High Risk and have weekly ultrasounds to monitor fluid and growth.  If baby runs out of room or is too growth restricted, they will deliver ASAP.  My current goal is to make it to 28 weeks!   

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Um...ok..how odd lol
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"