Natural Birth

Odd Thoughts about TTC

So we probably starting to TTC early summer of this year. I know that I want a third child but for some reason I am finding myself thinking a lot about labor and delivery. Both births have been mostly uncomplicated, quick, pain-med free (DD1 was induced, though). 

You know how they say you forget childbirth so you'll do it again? I haven't forgotten. DD2's birth was awesome, it really was. But I still remember being on the bed on all fours going through transition. I don't know if I want to do that again!

So, anyone been through this? How did you deal?  

imageimage
E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14

Re: Odd Thoughts about TTC

• So I only have DS and though our TTC plans won't finalize til later next year-ish, I wanted to offer support. I do know what you mean. When I was done giving birth, I forgot part of it; even just five months later looking back, I feel hazy about a lot of parts. But I distinctly remember transition and feeling as though my hips, back, and thighs were about to splinter from pressure and pain. And it's a bit scary!

But at the same time, it seems like it's easy enough to remind myself that I did survive and I have my wonderfulL DS to show for it. And I think that I can deal with that sort of pain again, because it will only last for a short time compared to how long I will have the joy of being around my DS.

• image mystrana:

So I only have DS and though our TTC plans won't finalize til later next year-ish, I wanted to offer support. I do know what you mean. When I was done giving birth, I forgot part of it; even just five months later looking back, I feel hazy about a lot of parts. But I distinctly remember transition and feeling as though my hips, back, and thighs were about to splinter from pressure and pain. And it's a bit scary!

But at the same time, it seems like it's easy enough to remind myself that I did survive and I have my wonderfulL DS to show for it. And I think that I can deal with that sort of pain again, because it will only last for a short time compared to how long I will have the joy of being around my DS.

This is true. I survived and could do it again - and compared to DD1's birth, #2's was awesome. I've also  heard the third birth can be way different or way longer - not looking forward to that if it's true.

Love the name Silas! 

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
  • Try to remind yourself that it gets easier/quicker with each birth. It's been the case with me, for sure. My third was born in just 4 hours from the start of the induction!
    m/c March 2009 @ 5 weeks ~ m/c June 2009 @ 10 weeks ~ m/c February 2012 @ 4.5 weeks Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Even if it took 48 hours, I feel like its worth it... Pregnant for 9 months... 48 hours of labor and then BABY! Seems like a fair trade ;) 

Then again,... I think I did forget childbirth, haha! 
  • I hear you!! I have been having some issues because I have not really "forgotten" everything with DS2's med-free birth. 

I get some anxiety thinking about some of the contractions I had, particularly in my drive way and feeling like I could climb the walls at certain points.

I just keep talking to DH about it, because he was there too and he keeps pointing out all the good things about how we worked together, got through it, etc..

I also just keep thinking about pushing and how good it felt to be doing something and back in control.

I know it's tough!! We actually have some birth support this time so I'm hoping the extra distractions will help.  I just have to remember, it hurt but I lived and I'll do it again.

Good luck to you!! 

Natural M/c 12/13/08 at 8w5d 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I remember parts of my labor really well. To be honest, what probably was the worst part was the few stitches afterwards. I think the transition period wasn't so bad because I had an amazing doula who applied a lot of pressure on my lower back with a hot rice bag :)
  • I know what you mean. My labor was great and I was really only in serious pain at like 8 cm. The pain of contractions actually doesn't scare me about doing it again..it's the feeling of being completely out of control when I got to 9 and 10 cm. I'm getting a little better as far as forgetting things but if I really reflect on everything I can remember the intense pressure I felt during crowning and the fear I felt and I am scared to do it again. What scares me most is that when I went into it with DS2 I was really confident and excited about the experience and I feel like that helped me relax. I'm scared that next time I will remember how bad it sucked at the end and that will make me tense up and cause issues because I won't want to get past 7 cm and get down to the hard part! I guess the one good thing I can say is that I pushed for less than 5 minutes so the really hard part only lasted for 10-15 minutes..and DS is so worth it! :)

Edit: Just wanted to add that I loved this post. It is good to know that there are others out there with the same thoughts and feelings!

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageimage
  • Thanks for the support ladies! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I know I can do it, last time it was only 4.5 hours from start to finish, spontaneous. And since I really want a third, I guess I will do it! DH was pretty good as was my midwife. I ended up in the hospital due to meconium in the water, I'm really hoping the third time's a charm and I can stay at the birth center. I think that will make a big difference.

imageimage
    E 9.08, V 8.11, J 4.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards