April 2013 Moms

Seriously...the flu?

I got the flu...and I got the flu shot! Maaan...I must have gotten it from a guest at work (I'm a server) because I don't know anyone who has gotten it. The plus side is baby is super active in there. It makes me glad to know that she is doing all right.

Anyone know any remedies to make this go by faster? I have been sleeping with the humidifier(with the vicks stuff in it), and I take tylenol if I start to get too warm, and rest and fluids. Anything else I can do? I really don't want to stay home for too many days. Thanks!

Re: Seriously...the flu?

• Are you sure its the flu? I also got the flu shot, and got a nasty stomach virus/ stomach "flu" that's been going around. Had similar symptoms to the flu (low grade fever, vomiting, diarreha, etc.) but it disappeared within 3 days. Hopefully you have something similar. Unfortunately, because I was preggers (6 months ag the time), all I could take was tylenol to reduce the fever (and if you go about 100.6 F contact your doc), keep drinking fluids so I wasn't dehydrated, and wait it out. :P
  • imageshellyboo_98:
    Are you sure its the flu? I also got the flu shot, and got a nasty stomach virus/ stomach "flu"nbsp;that's been going around. Had similar symptoms to the flunbsp;low grade fever, vomiting, diarreha, etc. but it disappeared within 3 days. Hopefully you have something similar. Unfortunately, because I was preggers 6 months ag the time, all I could take was tylenol to reduce the fever and if you go about 100.6 F contact your doc, keep drinking fluids so I wasn't dehydrated, and wait it out. :P

I got this too except I was dehydrated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Flu symptoms are different from stomach virus issues.  The flu strains that are going around are most commonly connected with coughing symptoms this year.  Vomiting and diarrhea are more commonly associated with a stomach virus.  The norovirus is making a vicious run this year.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had the flu last week. It was brutal. It started last Sunday night with a horrendous cough and Monday morning I woke up with a fever, aches and pains.

My OB told me that the flu shot would save me from it becoming an all out case of the flu, which I believe it did. My fever was gone by Tuesday but then came the sad cold. Today is the first day I have felt normal - 9 days later.

Good luck and feel better. I know how miserable it is. Wouldn't wish it upon anyone.  

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• It is the flu, I got checked this morning. The doctors basically just told me rest and fluids and tylenol. And if my fever gets/stays high, then to go to urgent care/l&d. I was just wondering if there was anything else I could do to speed things along. I know that may have been wishful thinking, but hey, it was worth a shot, right?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"