Seattle Babies

Teen Mothers?

I hear many older people discriminate against teen mothers. Not all of them are bad. Some are doing what they need to do to stay on track. You can't judge a person just by how old they are,even though there are alot of them that are doing what they are not supposed to do.  What are your thoughts on teenage mothers.

Re: Teen Mothers?

• People discriminate against teen mothers because mostly it's not the "norm" to have a baby as a teenager and they aren't exactly ready to handle it. Sure there are exceptions to that but most teen moms (not just the show) make all teen moms look bad. It's just the way it goes even if it's not fair. Also, most teen moms aren't in a place in their life where they are stable and have the means to take care of a child so they depend on the government or family because they weren't quite ready to have a child on their own. Again, not bad, just saying how it is. A mother can provide love at any age but it takes more than that to raise a child.

My husband had a child when he was 17 and struggled a LOT. My stepson is wonderful and has a great life but it wasn't easy at first because they were kids when they had him.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker