March 2013 Moms
Options

PSA

We have to make it all the way through February some people through March. If you are having unusual pains or symptoms please call your doctor. We can not tell you if you are in labor, or will be going into labor. It's going to be a long, boring month of the same repetitive posts, with people telling you to "call your doctor". If this came across as me being a b!tch, it's bc I am.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: PSA

• Options

Lol! I understand. I'm not one of those "what does this mean?" "has anyone experienced this?".........type of people BUT I understand where they are coming from and try to be patient with them. Of course they know to call their doc OR go to the hospital if something gets wayyyyyyyy out of control, but if they're already online reading posts or whatever........I guess they don't see the harm in asking a group of mommies (who have most likely experienced the same thing) what their opinion is. They know this is not a network of medical experts of doctors, but it's comforting to know someone else has gone through what you have or to get a "Oh don't worry, I went through that with my first pregnancy. My doc said.........".

Most of the time they've called their doc and are awaiting a callback (because he may be in surgery or something). It's not like docs sit by the phone all day. Also, some ppl live in rural areas and are 2-3 hours away from their hospital. It's no sense in running down there if it's something simple that someone else DOC has already answered.

So, don't be so hard on 'em. It seems like commonm sense or silly questions sometimes, but some people just don't know. We don't all think the same way. Some of us have NEVER been pregnant before and have no mom to call and ask questions too. Our bodies are doing things we've never experienced before.

• Options
    In all seriousness, everyone should take this advice to heart.  Whether this is your first pregnancy or not, if you have concerning symptoms and you just aren't sure about them, call your doctor. 
    BabyFruit Ticker DS #1 Born 5/19/2009 Sunshine in my life! DS #2 Born 6/3/2011 at 26 weeks, 4 days; passed away 6.5 hours later Transabdominal cerclage placed 4/16/2012 BFP 6/20/12!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetraneshaph:

They know this is not a network of medical experts of doctors, but it's comforting to know someone else has gone through what you have or to get a "Oh don't worry, I went through that with my first pregnancy. My doc said........."
    Also, some ppl live in rural areas and are 23 hours away from their hospital. It's no sense in running down there if it's something simple that someone else DOC has already answered.
    Some of us have NEVER been pregnant before and have no mom to call and ask questions too. Our bodies are doing things we've never experienced before.

I have to agree with OP. I'm a FTM, but still NO TWO BODIES OR PREGNANCIES ARE ALIKE. Asking about symptoms on here is pretty much as helpful as googling. What was nothing to worry about for one mom could be signs of impending labor or fetal distress for another. Some ladies in here may have had a 5 hour labor with no meds while others labored for 24 hours with no progress and had to be induced or CS. Water breaking, bloody shows, contractions, it all can occur and mean completely different outcomes from person to person.

So yes, call your doctor. If they don't call you back have a free nurse hotline or other resource lined up. Consult a pregnancy book, they all have sections on labor. If you feel like you should go to the hospital, go. If you live rural 3 hours from a hospital then id think you'd already have a plan in place to be close to the hospital beforehand because taking a 3 hour ride in active labor isnt exactly a sound idea. Just don't ask the board if you're in labor because nobody knows for sure!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"