August 2012 Moms

help. mattress ignorant. nbr.

I've never bought a mattress.  Our handmedown king is on it's last leg and we are downgrading to a queen. 

Anyone have pointers for me if I want to go as "natural" as possible and avoid the nasty chemicals?  Brand reccomendations, what to look for, etc? 

hahlp mah!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: help. mattress ignorant. nbr.

• I don't know how natural it is but we bought a Simmons beauty rest in May and I absolutely love it! I woke up all the time with back pain when I was pregnant after we bought the mattress I had no more troubles.

• Thanks lilidragon.  The closest ikea to me is 349 miles away.  Which, coincidentally, is the number of dollars it would cost to ship a mattress set to me. 

waaahhhh.

• Loading the player...
  • I can't post link on phone, but google young house love matress. They bought one that was really about as chemical free as you can get that I've found. Hope that helps.
    Photobucket
  • Hiya lady!

We have the Keetsa Latex and we love it. Its 100% latex and the cover is made out of 100% unbleached cotton and the quilt/cushion part is made out of wool. We paid about 989 for it on sale so it was a pretty penny (for us) but it was much much cheaper than a lot of the other organic/natural fiber mattresses out there.

Id love to one day have an OrganicPedic for us and one for baby T but they are so pricey. Probably around 3500 for a queen. They are incredibly comfortable though.

Some other brands you might want to look at are Pure Rest and Savvy Rest. All mattresses mentioned are the brands sold at our local Nautral Mattrress and Bedding store so there could be tons more out there.

You might be able to find good deals somewhere local to you though. HTH!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"