October 2012 Moms

Question for mom's with boys

Question for mom's with boys

Yesterday during a diaper change I noticed the tip of B's penis was a blueish/purple  color.  Not sure if it's ever been like that before.  It isn't hurting him.  So I called the pedi today and she said if it stays like that to come in, but didn't think it was an issue.  They didn't give me an explanation though.  It looks pretty normal today.  Anyone else ever notice something like this?  He's circumcised too.

DS born 9/25/12
DS #2 due 6/13/16

Re: Question for mom's with boys

• Yup, DS's does that all the time and I was told by the pedi that it is normal.  I suspect it's probably just blood flow working itself out, similar to his constantly cold hands and feed.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I noticed that this morning myself! It looks normal this afternoon
  • Loading the player...
  • I have never noticed that, but I always call DH in when I think the penis looks weird - I figure he should know what they should look like all the time. Stick out tongue
    DD - 7/15/09 DS - 10/21/12
  • I notice it almost every time I undress him to get in the bath. I agree with PP that it has to do with the blood flow just like cold little hands and feet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I figured it might be something like cold hands and feet...but anything blue kinda scares me on the body...especially that!  Haha!

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • I've seen it. MH tells me any changes are temp related
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAmyP4383:
    I've seen it. MH tells me any changes are temp related

This. But, when this happens, you also might want to make sure that no string or hair got wrapped around the penis.
  • imageAmyP4383:
    I've seen it. MH tells me any changes are temp related

This. I didn't ask DH but I noticed that when it's cold, it turns bluish.

imageLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"