November 2012 Moms

Breastpumps - manual vs electric

So I am back to work today after a wonderful 11.5 weeks off with my LO.  I'm breastfeeding so I need to pump at work. I noticed I got DOUBLE the amount of milk by using my manual pump this morning versus my double electric pump this afternoon. Does anyone else have better luck with the manual pump?

ETA: I took the code out of my siggy for my ticker but it still showing up.  Does anyone know how to fix this? TIA!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Breastpumps - manual vs electric

• image snowflake91011:

So I am back to work today after a wonderful 11.5 weeks off with my LO.  I'm breastfeeding so I need to pump at work. I noticed I got DOUBLE the amount of milk by using my manual pump this morning versus my double electric pump this afternoon. Does anyone else have better luck with the manual pump?

ETA: I took the code out of my siggy for my ticker but it still showing up.  Does anyone know how to fix this? TIA!

Actually, the bolded part is probably what's making the difference.  You will always get better production in the morning than the afternoon.  Try using the same method at each of those times, and then compare.

VlV TSP VlV

Howdy, partner!

First Comes Baby: My Wedding Blog

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • image ironmom5:
    image snowflake91011:

Actually, the bolded part is probably what's making the difference.  You will always get better production in the morning than the afternoon.  Try using the same method at each of those times, and then compare.

Exactly what I was going to say.

When you aren't yielding as much during your afternoon sessions, do another letdown cycle. Sometimes you can get more that way.

But yeh, supply is almost always better in the morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks, ladies. It looks like I'm going to need to add a pumping session before I leave for work so I can get enough milk for the next day.

BabyFruit Ticker

• image snowflake91011:
    Thanks, ladies. It looks like I'm going to need to add a pumping session before I leave for work so I can get enough milk for the next day.

Poop. If you have the time, maybe after each pumping session do another letdown and keep pumping an extra five minutes. It should stimulate your body and tell it to make more. But yeh, add another pumping session in the mean time. And hopefully, soon your body will meet the original demands or some sort of middle ground.

I hate pumping. Sleep

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards