May 2013 Moms

Hip pain- ouch

Hi guys :) Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

I have been having some crazy hip pain during the night. It seems to radiate around to my butt. I can't seem to get comfortable. I have been putting a pillow between my legs, but that doesn't seem to help at all. I am not sure what to do about this. I don't remember this with my son and it will be a long road ahead with this pain already started. I just want some uninterrupted sleep! Any suggestions?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Expecting Logan James (Spina Bifida) May 2013. Follow our journey: http://littleloganjames.blogspot.com/

Re: Hip pain- ouch

• Is it stemming from your lower back? I've been having excruciating pain that shoots from my lower left side of my back towards my butt and its awful. I could barely walk last night!
  • I am having the same issue. I end up sleeping on my back and it helps quite a bit.
    SAHM to two beautiful girls. A - 9/16/11 E - 4/29/13
  • I have had hip, butt, lower back pain for weeks now. That even when I go to sit on the toilet I get awful pain in my hips. It's made working out a little more tricky. But I ordered a maternity belt and a lot of the reviews, had women saying that after wearing the belt, even to bed, took the hip pain away. So I'm hoping I have a similar experience!
    image ~~~Jan 31st, 2010. Back together again.~~~
  • I also get hip pain during the night and find that I can't really get comfortable.  Like a PP, I've found that sleeping on my back helps.  Not sure how much longer I'll be able to do that (since I'm getting bigger and bigger!), but I guess I'll do it for as long as I can.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 1/10/12; EDD: 9/20/12, born too early on 5/7/12 (20w4d) due to IC/PTL/chorioamnionitis.
    BFP #2: 8/30/12; EDD: 5/9/13, emergency cerclage placed at 22w5d, dx cardiomyopathy, strict bed rest for 14 weeks. DD born at 39 weeks.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    All ALs always welcome
  • This is me.  I won't get a good night sleep for a few days in a row because of it.  I've ended up moving to the couch and propping myself up on my back (so that i'm at a reclined angle a few nights.  If we had a recliner i'd be sleeping in it.  I've also upped my yoga which i think is helping.  My MW said that pelvic tilts help with low back pain, but i'm not sure what helps with hip!
    BabyFetus Ticker image image
  • I am having the same issue, I was up for 4 hours last night as it was impossible to get comfortable.  The pain was exactly where you said yours was.
    imageimage
  • I put a 2" thick foam cushion under my hips at night, it helps a LOT, whereas the pillow between my knees does almost nothing (except keep me from rolling to my back).

I really want a foam pad that covers the whole mattress, or at least my side, but that's not in the cards right now.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I am sitting in a warm bath right now because I couldn't sleep due to hip pain last night, I even had a good cry session. What has been helping is; sitting on an exercise ball at work, yoga, and bi weekly massage. Plus warm baths:) hang in there. 

• I feel your pain! The same horrible hip/butt pain just hit me this week. I was hobbling around yesterday looking pretty pathetic. I think I'm going to try sleeping with a pillow between my legs and also get a massage this week. I guess it's time to start my prenatal yoga classes too, maybe they'll help!

BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP 9/18/2012 - EDD 5/31/2013 - It's a BOY!
  • I feel your pain! I know that stretching A LOT helps A LOT! The best stretch is to sit on a chair, place one ankle on the opposite knee and lean forward. You will feel stretching in your thigh/bum. As silly as it sounds, I really feel like that stretch helps with my hip pain too. Good luck! 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image HoolahZinger:
    I feel your pain! I know that stretching A LOT helps A LOT! The best stretch is to sit on a chair, place one ankle on the opposite knee and lean forward. You will feel stretching in your thigh/bum. As silly as it sounds, I really feel like that stretch helps with my hip pain too. Good luck!nbsp;

Thank you!!!!
    SAHM to two beautiful girls. A - 9/16/11 E - 4/29/13