Birth Stories
Options

Water birth!

I was 6 days past my due date and really fed up. I'd finished work and everyone else I knew was in work so I was super bored at home. The midwife came and done a sweep that morning Monday and booked me in for another one on Wednesday evening if the first one didnt work. It was probably the most uncomfortable thing I'd ever experienced until giving birth
Tuesday came and went.
Then, on Wednesday morning at 4.45am i woke up with a sharp pain lower in my abdomen and felt loads if pressure like I was about to have a period. I went to the toilet and had a wee and didnt think anymore of it, as I'd been having lots of niggles and thinking 'is this it?', I'd given up hoping by now.
Went back to bed and at 5.15am I had another sharp pain. I woke up DH who didn't seemed to concerned is I'd woken him up almost evey night for the past week saying 'I think it's happening'. Lol!
So, by 6am I was in labour and my contractions were coming every 1015 mins. I had a quick bath and got dressed, done my hair an makeup etc. my poor dog was like my shadow he followed me everywhere! I had to keep walking throughout my labour as I found this easier than sitting during contractions.
My DH rang the birth centre who said we could go down for me to be checked but as it was my first it could b a while and unless I was more than 3cm dilated they'd send me home. Our birth centre was about 10mins away on a straight journey.
Anyway by 8am the contractions were coming every 56 mins so DH thought it was a good idea to go and get checked. The usual 10min journey took 20mins an it was the longest 20 mins if my life! Sat in the car the contractions seemed 100times worse!
Arrived at birth centre at 8.20 and when I was examined I was an impressive 6cm, I was so relieved not needing to go back in the car again.
I continued walking around during logout which I think helped bring baby down. I got into the birth pool at 9.20am which I found eased labour. I didnt think I would stick laying still but it was amazing, and so was the gas air! That stuff is a godsend!
After 10mins if pushing dd was born at 10.20am in the pool, weighing 7lb 8oz. She was perfect in every way and DH and I were on cloud 9.
I'm so lucky and so grateful to have such an easy labour, I hear if some stories lasting like 30 hours and take my hat off to anyone going through labour that long. I had a 'textbook' birth in my midwives words an hope I have another one like this.
Sorry it's been such a long story, hope you've enjoyed reading.
GL to you all in your pregnancies and labour!

Re: Water birth!

• Options
    Sorry, I have predictive text on. 'Logout' was supposed to be 'labour!'
  • Options
    Congrats! I pray to have a labour as fast as yours! My mom spent almost 30 with me :( but then only 3 with my brother and sister... so I hope I can skip the first long labour :P
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Such a great story!  Congratulations!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    That's awesome, congratulations!
    *Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • Options
    Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Great story

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"