February 2013 Moms

Oh my word . . .

Went to the doctor yesterday for my weekly appointment and she decided it's time to just "get that baby out of there". So, Tuesday at 6 am I get to head to the hospital for an induction. Oh boy. I'm not sure which is more crazy . . . the fact that I won't be pregnant anymore, the fact that I'm going to have a child in 2 days, or the fact that in 2 days I'm going to have to face my biggest most paralyzing and irrational fears all at the same time - childbirth, needles, and hospitals in general. Sigh. Add to the list that my dog has to get surgery Monday and you have a very anxiety filled FTM. All I can say now is, bring it on!!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Oh my word . . .

• It's overwhelming! 

You will do great. Good luck! :) 

• I am right there with you freaking out- I was scheduled to have a c-section 2/12 (not by choice) and my MFM called Fri after receiving the cardiologist's report (baby had some new issues develop) and told me to be at his office (also located in hospital) first thing Mon with a bag packed and expect to possibly be admitted and move up the C-section so I am freaking!
  • Loading the player...
  • You will do awesome mama to be! Try not to stress easier said then done I know and remember in the end it's all worth it. ;
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married: 05/14/2011

DS Was Born: 02/10/2013

EDD: 10/19/2015

• imageDC2London:

Is there a reason your dr is inducing you at only 39 weeks?

Either way, good luck, and I hope everything goes well. 

I was wondering the same thing.

Good luck though!! :)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ooh good luck! take a deep breath and look at those things that make you anxious as obstacles to overcome and conquer instead of things that scare you.As nerve racking as it is its best for you and baby if you focus on the prize and know that your body is made to endure all these things and you will do great! The only thing that has kept me and DH sane throughout this entire pregnancy has been the fact I remind myself millions of women have done this before me and if they can do it,so can I and all you can do is "grab the bull by the horns" and go with it!
  • imageDanielleB256:
    imageDC2London:

Is there a reason your dr is inducing you at only 39 weeks?

Either way, good luck, and I hope everything goes well. 

I was wondering the same thing.

Good luck though!! :)  

Third person wondering this. 

I am FTM and am also scared about the whole labor thing. But I try to remember that it's scary because it's unknown. That helps make me feel better sometimes. Best of luck to you!

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • I specifically didn't want to be induced due to the anxiety. I figured once in labor I wouldn't care what they were doing to me, just get the baby out. I was scheduled for induction with my first two and a csection with my third. All three babies decided to come on their own terms and I will say my anxiety was so much lower due to that. By the way, there was a medical reason for each one that was scheduled.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• Thank you all for the encouragement!! It honestly does help. There is a reason, my doctor is concerned because my fluid levels are pretty low. I'm right on the fence of just 'okay' and dangerous. Everything else is healthy and great so my doctor wants to get the baby here before anything can go wrong.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"