February 2013 Moms

Another Pack n Play Question

So I am going to use a pack n play as a bassinet until it is time to transfer to a crib.  I bought a thin mattress pad to put on top of the pad.  It was the wrong size.  How frustrating.  So I can either order the one of proper size online and get it by the 12th.  The problem....I am having the baby on the 8th and will more than likely be home before Tuesday.  Is it necessary to have the 2.5 inch mattress or will a quilted pad over the PNP cushion be enough and an extra mattress is just overkill?  The PNP pad just seems so hard. 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Another Pack n Play Question

• Im not putting anything else in the PNP. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think the quilted PNP sheet is enough, if that's what you're referring to. 
  • Loading the player...
  • imageWinterBenson:
    Im not putting anything else in the PNP. 

Me neither.  While a lot of other people put mattresses and mattress pads in the PNP, I'm not putting anything in it.  I read that putting more in there only makes it more dangerous for baby, and even though it's stiff, that's what a baby needs anyway.  If anything, I'll put a sheet on the PNP "pad", but I may not even do that.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • Thanks all.  I think it might be a good thing the mattress was the wrong size.  It was like my brain was going in a circle.  I kept thinking that baby was suppose to not have too much in the sleep area and it should be firm but I also kept thinking it might not have enough cushion.  I'm just going with the quilted pad.  Sometimes its like taking a nursing test, gotta remember not to second guess myself. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I was told that a newborn should be sleeping on a firm surface, no extra cushion.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"