February 2013 Moms

Stripping of membranes..

This coming Wednesday I will be 38wks 4days.. have my 38th wk check up my doctor will be stripping my membranes. Has anyone had success at 38wks with this? I realize that it works for 1/3rd of women.. Just wondering if many have had success?

Re: Stripping of membranes..

• I had it done at almost 38 weeks and it didn't do anything.
  • I had mine done yesterday and I had some mild cramping but nothing else has happened, my doctor also said that membrane sweeps generally are not effective for FTMs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My friend had it done and went into labor that night. Not sure how dilated she was prior to that though.
  • My doctor did it at my 38wk appointment, he said to expect lots of contractions and spot bleeding.  I was 1cm dilated but my cervix is still thick and not effaced at all.  I had some cramping when I got home (but I still think its b/c I was constipated), but no spotting and as soon as I finally "moved the mail" I was fine.  Absolutely no contractions and nothing happened and that was days ago.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my son, I had mine swept at 38w2d at 8am and had him that night :) Worked for me
    Me 33, DH 33, Charlotte 5, Ethan 3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had mine done yesterday. I was 1.5 cm. I had contractions and spotting all day and part of the day today, but no baby yet. Oh and this is baby #2 for me. Stripping did nothing for baby #1.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Had it done yesterday. Nothings happening so far. No bleeding or anything, maybe some cramping. My doc did say since it's been 9 years since my last baby my body responds like a FTM. So maybe I'll go late like with my first...I hope not.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had it done this past week at my 39 week appt.  Still here.  Nothing doing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"