Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

WWYD? (long post)

I have been at the same job for 2 years. I'm a LVN at a doctor's office & am fortunate enough to have an office so it has been relatively easy for me to pump when I need to. (9a, lunch, & 3p) My boss has come to me & said she may get me to start floating to other positions so I may be more familiar with them & to get me out of the office. She said she doesn't want me to get bored doing the same stuff every day?? The problem is, the only other thing I would do is to see patients all day with the doctors & in that position, the only time I would be able to pump would be during lunch. There is another girl who does what I do & floats when a doctor's nurse calls in. I just dont know how to bring it up to my boss & ask if she can keep me in my ofc while I BF. I dont know if I should tell her about the BF law but I'm also not real familiar with it. So far my boss has been pretty ok with me pumping but I've heard that she keeps asking the other girl how long I'm taking & things like that. She would much rather that I didnt do it bc she always makes little comments & tries to make me feel silly for BFing.. You would think they would be promoting BFing since I work in an OB/GYN office!! I don't want to quit bc it is very important to me to BF as long as I'm able to (I want to try to make it to 1 year). I just dont know how to go about bringing this up..
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: WWYD? (long post)

• Options

Here's the relevant legal information:
    "Employers are required to provide ?reasonable break time for an employee to express breast milk for her nursing child for 1 year after the child?s birth each time such employee has need to express the milk.?  Employers are also required to provide ?a place, other than a bathroom, that is shielded from view and free from intrusion from coworkers and the public, which may be used by an employee to express breast milk.?" 

https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs73.pdf

https://www.ncsl.org/issues-research/health/breastfeeding-state-laws.aspx 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I would become more familiar with the law and if your only reservation about the dr's request is being able to pump/BF the I would tell her you would love the opportunity, but that you will still need those 3 times during the day to pump.

i used to pump and it only took me about 20 minutes, so could you do that in your office and multi task/do something else that you need to do in your office, so that it isn't taking you away from your work.

We have a "mom's" room here and I know a lot of the women do work (answer emails, etc) while they pump. 

Just a thought. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"