August 2013 Moms

Superbowl Plans and Food!

For those of you who are into the Superbowl, who are you cheering for and are you doing anything fun on Sunday?

I like both teams but will cheer for SF because we live in the Bay Area (My teams, the Eagles and the Bills, once again did not make it far haha)

Our friends invited us over but because when I get tired these days, I crash hard! I don't want to be an hour away from home if I want to get a snooze in. 

So I'll be cooking at home. I'm bring out the deep fryer (Oh yeah, things are about to get nasty) and making some chicken wings. It's my dad's recipe and oh so delicious. I also think I'll do either twice baked potatoes or mashed potatoes. 

I also plan to get a bag or two of Doritos! I've been craving them!

Go ahead... what are you planning on indulging in this weekend?

Re: Superbowl Plans and Food!

• I will be cheering for Baltimore.
    imageimageimageimage

• We are going over to a friends superbowl party. I dunno who I'm rooting for, my team is the pats and they screwed up and didn't make it, so I guess I'll root for whoever everyone else is lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm still crying about Denver's loss but I guess I'll root for Baltimore. Only because I hate SF. Lol
    We are having 4 couples over and their kids. My husband is making chicken wings on the barbecue, Barbecue brisket in the crockpot, chips and guacamole, and I am making football cupcakes. I think they're going to say BRONCOS 2014! Hehe.
  • I'm not really into football, but we are going to a friend's house for the game. I'm excited about the s'mores brownies I'm making!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am going for Ravens. I will never ever ever in a million years cheer for the 49ers after the way they treated us, Saints fans, after the playoff game last year. I thought Eagles and Falcons fans were bad, not even close!

I asked DH if he wanted a meal or just junk/snack foods he said he didn't care. UGH so I have no clue what we are eating but it is just going to be us and the kiddos at home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm cheering for the 49ers by default. I'm a huge Pittsburgh fan, and I just cannot bring myself to cheer for the Ravens.

We are going to the IL's for the game. DH's brothers will be there and maybe a few family friends. I think MIL is making a bunch of appetizers and I am really excited for chicken wings, nachos and spinach dip. I will be missing my spiced rum this year though for sure.

• My only rooting interest is against the Ravens (hardcore Steelers fan). I'm having a few folks over to the house and keeping the food as simple as possible. Chips and dip, wings from the grocery store deli and slow cooker pulled beef sliders. Cupcakes for dessert :) Enjoy the big game, everyone!

PS This is the first time in my pregnancy that I will feel the loss of alcohol. What's better than football and ice cold beer? Well, having a baby is, of course :) 

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshootthemoon:

My only rooting interest is against the Ravens (hardcore Steelers fan). I'm having a few folks over to the house and keeping the food as simple as possible. Chips and dip, wings from the grocery store deli and slow cooker pulled beef sliders. Cupcakes for dessert :) Enjoy the big game, everyone!

PS This is the first time in my pregnancy that I will feel the loss of alcohol. What's better than football and ice cold beer? Well, having a baby is, of course :) 

Yeah trying not to think about the beer thing. I think I'll go and get some rootbeer or ginger beer in glass bottles so at least I can pretending I'm swigging them back! haha

• imageshootthemoon:
    My only rooting interest is against the Ravens hardcore Steelers fan.

Go Steelers! Here's to a much better 2013:2014 season with fewer injuries!

• Loving all the Steeler fans in this post! I don't know who I'm cheering for, although I don't think I'm able to cheer for the Ravens...As far as food, I can't eat much (too sick still) , but maybe Sunday will be a good day and I can have some pizza!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Ravens. Being from Wisconsin and a huge Packer fan, I think it would be a sin to route for the 49er's. :) Going to a family get together where I'll probably be watching for the commercials. I'll have to take it easy on the insane amount of food that will be there, and remind myself heavy food=bad night lol.
    Married since 10-2-2010!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBreanneL24:
    We will be cheering for the Ravens. We are Falcons fans so of course we can't cheer for the 49'ers because of that terrible game a couple weeks ago. I'm looking forward to the half time show.
    So you and I are rivals! A dirty bird fan :) I actually have had a really good time at the home games against ATL, a few crazy moments here and there but the egg incident was so over the top. But most of the time the banter is friendly so I didn't get the egg thing at all. Lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• I'm not into football but we always get invited to a party and it's always fun!

I'll probably be bringing crack dip (aka buffalo chicken dip) and lil smokies covered in bacon & brown sugar.  Those are ALWAYS a huge hit at parties and always come requested.

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Well my DH is an true Raven fan and has been since '96. So we are all about the Raven taking this easy win! We were invited over to a friends house to watch the game, I just hope I can make it to half time, my bed time has been 8 for the last 8 weeks or so..... I do look forward to indulging in all the delicious food!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • What's your chicken wing recipe, OP?

I just like to watch for the commercials, and an excuse to eat lovely food.  My fantasy is to make some hot wings.  DH says he will help me.  I'm not sure if it will happen.  :)  I saw Pioneer Woman make some on tv the other day, it doesn't look too hard.  And they taste sooo good.

imageimageimage
  • We'll be heading up to one of the big college towns here in Kansas to watch with some college friends. I'm the "built-in DD", so DH and the boys are making the most of it. I actually have had zero interest in alcohol since becoming PG (possibly because I'm a bartender?), so I'm not super worried about it.

We will, of course, be rooting for the Ravens! We're were SO hoping for a dirty bird superbowl!! Falcon fans in this house! 

• imagedarjeeling:

What's your chicken wing recipe, OP?

I just like to watch for the commercials, and an excuse to eat lovely food.  My fantasy is to make some hot wings.  DH says he will help me.  I'm not sure if it will happen.  :)  I saw Pioneer Woman make some on tv the other day, it doesn't look too hard.  And they taste sooo good.

The batter (for 12 full size wings) is: 2 eggs, 2 tbs hot sauce, 1 tbs crushed red pepper flakes, 1 teaspoon black pepper, and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Mix it all together and add a pinch of flour to thicken if needed.

I usually put a dry rub on of lemon pepper and cayenne too. Then you move drench the wings in the batter, coat with flour, then deep fry in some canola oil for 8 to 10 minutes.

We toss it in a wing sauce:

In saute pan over medium heat , saute 1 medium onion and 1 tbs chopped garlic. Add 1 cup chicken stock and  1 cup ketchup and bring to a simmer.
    Mix another 1/4 cup of chicken stock and 1 tbs cornstarch together and whisk into sauce pan to thicken. We also throw in some hot sauce, sugar and salt to taste.

Then, we make a dipping sauce of 1 cup sour cream, 2 tbs horseradish, 1/4 chili sauce, and 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.

It has a lot of components but it is so worth it!

• I'm going to go for SF.  Never really been a big Baltimore fan. Because down here in good ol' Mobile, AL it's Mardi Gras season, i don't get to stay home. ha.  There is a kids parade in my inlaw's neighborhood that my nephew and niece will be in....then there are the Mardi Grad Parades...and the Game....and the Float Showing (my husband is in a mardi gras association, so we get to see the floats and see which one he's on).

I would LOVE to just relax and eat wings and some cool ranch Doritos! yum yum! 

• We're going to a friends house to celebrate. There will be a lot of people i havent gotten to see in awhile so I'm looking forward to it. As far as a favored team, I'll be mostly glancing at the tv inbetween stuffing my face. I couldn't care less who wins. I'm just excited about all the food! Lol priorities change when you're pregnant.
  • imageEmeraldSea:
    imagedarjeeling:

What's your chicken wing recipe, OP?

The batter (for 12 full size wings) is: ...awesomeness...

Thank you!  That sounds super tasty!  :)

imageimageimage
  • We are going to a friend's house with a to of people. I will go for the 49ers because I am NFC fan. (However, Jim harbaugh really gets on my nerves).

one of our friends has an old nacho cheese dispenser so I plan on having lots of chips with cheese, wings, soup, etc. I'm bringing BBQ wings, spicy pretzels(homemade), and monster cookies. Will also have some nonalcoholic beer!  

• I BLEED PURPLE! Baltimore representing!:)  

I'm going to a Superbowl Party, so thankfully I don't have to cook too much. I'm going to try to muster up a berry trifle to bring but I've been on bed rest this entire week so I may not be able to make anything.

• Fellow Birds fan here!!!

I'm rooting for the 9ers, but only half heartedly, bc I think it's unfair for San Fran to get the WS AND the Super Bowl!!!

ETA and I don't know what I'm doing. Watching home alone it going to my parents.
    image"">imageimageimage

• we are having a superbowl party here.  am a 49ers fan and cannot wait to watch my team

we are serving pizza and beer. .  lol!

• We're going over to a friends' house for a Superbowl party. It's potluck, and I'm not sure what everyone else is bringing, but I will be taking brownies shaped like footballs for dessert. And probably some Cool Ranch Doritos and/or Chili Cheese Fritos because I've really been wanting some lately and I don't want to eat a whole bag by myself!

I'm not really rooting for either team - I'm a Falcons fan and they blew it.

imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are having some people over and cooking turkey chili. I just want a good game and great commericials

image   Visit The Nest!   Visit The Nest!
    BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"