North Florida Babies

Jacksonville Hospitals Opinion...

I am TTC #3, my first 2 were born at Memorial Hospital but it's been awhile since  had them. I now live about a mile from St Vincent's Southside (St Luke's). Not sure about which hospital to choose for baby 3. Please share your good/bad stories about this hospitals.....
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Jacksonville Hospitals Opinion...

• I don't have any personal experience with either of these hospitals (I went to St. Vincent's Riverside) but I've had many friends who've been to them.  

Personally, I don't really like Memorial, I've seen a lot of friends come out unhappy. And if I had been closer, I would've gone to St. Vincent's South. They have the best NICU in town from what I've seen.   

Just go with your gut and whatever makes you happy! If you enjoyed Memorial last time, odds are you'll probably like it again. No guarantees, of course.

Good luck TTCing!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • I plan to have my baby boy at Baptist Nassau. After researching some, they have the best overall statistics. It's a much smaller hospital than the rest so the staff isn't pulled in so many different directions. Also, from personal experiences there, they are very attentive, patient, genuinely caring. I have several friends who delivered there none have any complaints. The only problem is the distance.
  • I think statistics-wise, Baptist downtown has the best NICU.

Just FYI 

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• I have birth last June at baptist South and they were amazing! They call the maternity ward the "baby factory" but don't let that silly name fool ya! We weren't treated unkind in any way and the nurses made our first birthing experience the best! We live just south of baptist South in St. John's county and it was great. We are pregnant again and if we weren't moving we would give birth there again. Good luck on your choice!
  • I had my two boys at St. Vincents Southside aka St. Lukes. I am delivering 3 there in 3 months. It is a family birthing center. The baby stays in your room from the moment you give birth until you are discharged. There is no nursery for the baby to go to. You will need a family member to stay with you so you can recover and rest. The only reason I use this hospital is because it is the one my ob is affiliated with. I heard Baptist South is great.
  • Hey, I'm delivering at st. vincents riverside also. Did you have a natural birth or were u medicated? just curious to know how well they are with natural deliveries. :)
  • Baptist and memorial are great. Avoid shards unless you have a serious trauma. Have multiple family members that have worked with all the local hospitals
  • I just delivered a healthy baby boy via cesarean (because he was breech) on Christmas day at Baptist South. Even though I was extremely nervous for the csection, I had the best experience there. The nurses there are so great that I didn't want to leave! You can tell they truly care about their patients and love what they do. I know some people are worried about their baby staying in room and they do that here (although I think it is common to do that everywhere). the rooms are nice and big too.
  • Baptist downtown here..Had preaclamsia and got to stay for 2 weeks, lucky me. They were great. Also had to go to Regional obstetrics for high risk, there office is in the same building. They came to see me everyday until my c section. Anyone I know that was high risk in any way, including twins, gestational diabetes, is sent here. Nemours childrens hospital and Wolfsons children hospital are within walking distance. I would definitely go again. There is a tour for maternity that you can sign up for online to check it out.
  • For my son I had an epidural, for my daughter there was not enough time for an epidural so I had her with no medication. If I decide to have another child I will try to do it without pain medication

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I had my two boys at St. Vincents Southside aka St. Lukes. I am delivering 3 there in 3 months. It is a family birthing center. The baby stays in your room from the moment you give birth until you are discharged. There is no nursery for the baby to go to. You will need a family member to stay with you so you can recover and rest. The only reason I use this hospital is because it is the one my ob is affiliated with. I heard Baptist South is great.

@HeatherMC78 are you talkign about the birth center of jacksonville? I've read good things. I have an open house scheduled to go to as well.
  • Had my girl @ baptist downtown. Such a wonderful experience and the staff was awesome. I'll deliver my next child there too if we ever get that far!

O was born Aug 13!  <3 B.B.F.L

image Why,Yes! I HAVE missed you both!image

• hollygo2014hollygo2014 member
    edited February 2014
    Congrats on your baby girl! Was your OBGYN at Baptist downtown too? I’m looking for one in the San Marco area.

Had my girl @ baptist downtown. Such a wonderful experience and the staff was awesome. I'll deliver my next child there too if we ever get that far!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"