Parenting

FFFC--Put em here

Mine:

Having a niece born in full on addiction, and having my son born with prenatal exposure as well, I have to say yesterday's post really grated on my nerves. Not the OP, but those who said the baby would be better off not being born. It's one thing for the mom to be making that decision, but it kind of hits close to home for me. Just because there was exposures for those beautiful babies doesn't mean it would have been better for them not to live. They are in families that love them and they are thriving. I realize I'm personalizing this.

Re: FFFC--Put em here

• That really is an important thing to learn to really grasp a language, though. When you're actually trying to speak it with someone and know more than enough just to get by, you really do need the slang and colloquialisms.

• I think more people should plan kids rather than breed uncontrollably.

*Just want to add that people who I'm thinking about while posting this either a)know they can't afford more or b)are not responsible themselves for any more.  

"They tell me you were born premature, my child, but this is only partially true.. 
    for in my heart you were right on time." 
    Lilypie - (MSXB)image
                                   OAD Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails

• I am one more wake up from taking my kid out for a drive in 6 degree weather for a little bit of peace. It would take at least 20 minutes for the car to warm up but he would sleep for at least an hour once it was.

<-------Desperate

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had the hottest sex dream of my life the other night. It was with Michael Clarke Duncan in the pudding isle of the grocery store. I'm not sure it was hot because of the dream sex, my incredible craving for pudding, or because I feel like MCD would have really appreciated just how happy pudding makes me. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have another one. 

I am a stay at home mom & my husband cooks. ::gasps:: 

"They tell me you were born premature, my child, but this is only partially true.. 
    Lilypie - (MSXB)image

• image MomlovesEloise:

I had the hottest sex dream of my life the other night. It was with Michael Clarke Duncan in the pudding isle of the grocery store. I'm not sure it was hot because of the dream sex, my incredible craving for pudding, or because I feel like MCD would have really appreciated just how happy pudding makes me. 

I'm sad that he is dead. I really enjoyed all of the movies of his.

• I think people should be able to express dissenting opinions without two days on ensuing hot mess to follow.  I was gone for most of the day yesterday but when I went back and re-read the UO thread... it's just kind of shocking that it gets so insane. 
    ***Parenting Siggy Challenge***
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    "I love when people believe in conspiracy theories. It immediately tells me I'm smarter than you"- Daniel Tosh.
  • I really haven't been enjoying being a SAHM lately. I feel trapped and over worked. I realize I'm lucky to have the means to stay home and there are people who wish they could. That makes me feel like a jerk. Oh, and wanting to run away sometimes makes me feel like an even bigger assshole.

• image shanado:
    I really haven't been enjoying being a SAHM lately. I feel trapped and over worked. I realize I'm lucky to have the means to stay home and there are people who wish they could. That makes me feel like a jerk. Oh, and wanting to run away sometimes makes me feel like an even bigger assshole.

Being a sahm is feking lonely.  I had some really low days.  Try finding a moms group or joining a gym or something.  The best thing I ever did for myself was find a gym.  i finally found friends in the area and I'm in the best shape of my life.  I have a lot of frustrations to get out

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I started really getting into "indie" music in high school. Bikini Kill, Modest Mouse, Pavement, etc etc. Once I moved to NY I went to shows constantly, only listened to stuff on vinyl, wore pants that stopped at my ankles, switched over to short hair and dark glasses, the works.

Now? I'm the mom in the minivan that is blasting Maroon 5, 1D and Nicki Minaj. AND I LOVE IT.

Boy the First 12.10.2010  I  Boy the Second 4.11.2012  I  Boy the Third 8.6.2014

• I answer a lot of "do I send my kid to XYZ when they have XYZ symptoms?" And today, my kid is feeling bad, no fever, no snot, coughing, sneezing, general ickiness and I am second guessing sending her to school....just like everyone else. Its different when its your kid and its in your face.  
    Turning 3!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image Spooko:
    Mine:Having a niece born in full on addiction, and having my son born with prenatal exposure as well, I have to say yesterday's post really grated on my nerves. Not the OP, but those who said the baby would be better off not being born. It's one thing for the mom to be making that decision, but it kind of hits close to home for me. Just because there was exposures for those beautiful babies doesn't mean it would have been better for them not to live. They are in families that love them and they are thriving. I realize I'm personalizing this.

That bothered me as well.

image image
  • I'm using mine from my BMB:

I brought my kid out in her pajamas the other day.

I was meeting up with my sister and didn't know she wanted me to go look at the swatches for her bridesmaid dresses with her. DD was in her feetie pajamas and I didn't have any other clothes for her, so I took her to the bridal salon in her PJs. Hey at least it wasn't me in my PJs, right?

I bet people were judging the sh*t out of me though!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image shanado:
    I really haven't been enjoying being a SAHM lately. I feel trapped and over worked. I realize I'm lucky to have the means to stay home and there are people who wish they could. That makes me feel like a jerk. Oh, and wanting to run away sometimes makes me feel like an even bigger assshole.

I get how you feel. Lately I feel really trapped. It would be nice to have little extra money and some time out of the house. DS's autoimmune disorder makes it virtually impossible for him to be around other kids long term, ruling out daycare and most babysitters.

"The first time his laughter unfurled its wings in the world, we knew that life would never be the same."
    11.27.09*03.04.11*11.02.12*03.04.13*04.12.13*EDD 01.07.15

*~*All AL Welcome*~*

• If I get one more email or Facebook message about hedgehogs carrying salmonella, I'm going to change my profile pic to one of me pretending to lick her while holding raw chicken in my other hand.

Also, I'm in a really pissy mood. My legs itch. I shouldn't be allowed around people today.

image image
  • image shanado:

Not a jerk. Can you do anything to reduce your work load? And can you do more play dates or meet ups?

image image
  • image shanado:

If we lived closer, we could be SAHM franz.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• image robinsokj:

image shanado:
    I really haven't been enjoying being a SAHM lately. I feel trapped and over worked. I realize I'm lucky to have the means to stay home and there are people who wish they could. That makes me feel like a jerk. Oh, and wanting to run away
    sometimes makes me feel like an even
    bigger assshole.

Being
    a sahm is feking lonely.&nbsp; I had
    some really low days.&nbsp; Try
    finding a moms group or joining a gym
    or something.&nbsp; The best thing I
    ever did for myself was find a
    gym.&nbsp; i finally found friends in
    the area and I'm in the best shape of
    my life.&nbsp; I have a lot of
    frustrations to get out

The gym is something I promised myself I would do. I just don't think it's realistic for me because Dh works full time AND still working after hours for our business even though he promised he would give it up. He's never home to be with the kids.

• image shanado:
    image robinsokj:

image shanado:

Being a sahm is feking lonely.  I had some really low days.  Try finding a moms group or joining a gym or something.  The best thing I ever did for myself was find a gym.  i finally found friends in the area and I'm in the best shape of my life.  I have a lot of frustrations to get out

The gym is something I promised myself I would do. I just don't think it's realistic for me because Dh works full time AND still working after hours for our business even though he promised he would give it up. He's never home to be with the kids.

gym with childcare.  Best invention ever

• image Igoo0304:

image shanado:
    I really haven't been enjoying being a SAHM lately. I feel trapped and over worked. I realize I'm lucky to have the means to stay home and there are people who wish they could. That makes me feel like a jerk. Oh, and wanting to run away
    bigger assshole.

I get
    how you feel. Lately I feel really
    trapped. It would be nice to have little
    extra money and some time out of the
    house. DS's autoimmune disorder
    makes it virtually impossible for him to
    be around other kids long term, ruling
    out daycare and most
    babysitters.

We have discussed putting her in DC twice a week but I'm honestly afraid his family would judge me for not having a job but still putting her in DC.

• image shanado:
    image Igoo0304:

image shanado:

I get how you feel. Lately I feel really trapped. It would be nice to have little extra money and some time out of the house. DS's autoimmune disorder makes it virtually impossible for him to be around other kids long term, ruling out daycare and most babysitters.

We have discussed putting her in DC twice a week but I'm honestly afraid his family would judge me for not having a job but still putting her in DC.

Swing it so it's about her.  Socialization and all that jazz

• image shanado:
    image Igoo0304:

image shanado:
    bigger assshole.

I get
    how you feel. Lately I feel really
    trapped. It would be nice to have little
    extra money and some time out of the
    house. DS's autoimmune disorder
    makes it virtually impossible for him to
    be around other kids long term, ruling
    out daycare and most
    babysitters.

So what? Present it as her getting socialization time and talk up how much she loves it.

I second robin's suggestion of a gym with childcare and I also strongly urge you to call DH out on not keeping his promises. You need a break.

image image
  • image cruelsound:

I started really getting into "indie" music in high school. Bikini Kill, Modest Mouse, Pavement, etc etc. Once I moved to NY I went to shows constantly, only listened to stuff on vinyl, wore pants that stopped at my ankles, switched over to short hair and dark glasses, the works.

Now? I'm the mom in the minivan that is blasting Maroon 5, 1D and Nicki Minaj. AND I LOVE IT.

My musical tastes are getting more juvenile the older I get.

Niall Horan + Ugly Christmas Sweaters
    imageimageimage
    The Christmas gift that keeps on giving.
  • image eddy321:
    image lurchbaby:

I am one more wake from taking my kid out for a drive in 6 degree weather for a little bit of peace. It would take at least 20 minutes for the car to warm up but he would sleep for at least an hour once it was.

<-------Desperate

We have the same FFFC, lol.

Twinsies! Lol

• image RondackHiker:
    image shanado:
    So what? Present it as her getting socialization time and talk up how much she loves it. I second robin's suggestion of a gym with childcare and I also strongly urge you to call DH out on not keeping his promises. You need a break.

Agree with the daycare thing.  Do it.  Who cares what anyone else thinks.  If nothing else, it is absolutely excellent socialization for your LO.  Being able to navigate a new setting and interact with her peers without mom or dad around is nothing but good stuff.  

***Parenting Siggy Challenge***
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    "I love when people believe in conspiracy theories. It immediately tells me I'm smarter than you"- Daniel Tosh.
  • image robinsokj:
    image shanado:
    image Igoo0304:

image shanado:

Swing it so it's about her.  Socialization and all that jazz

That's what I would say if I was worried about them judging.

I totally understand how you feel. I'm looking into a gym with childcare.

• My confession. - We've hung out with one of H's coworkers and his family a few times now.  His wife is very nice and we get along really well. But every time we hang out she brings up some nutritional/weight loss shake she sells and talks about how much it helped her lose baby weight and get in shape. And then at work her husband brings it up to H every time and asks if I'm interested and if I want to buy some products. I'm kind of afraid that she is only being friendly with me to make some money and that makes me feel like a loser. Hopefully that's not the case.
  • Spooko, i don't know your story. I think im jaded as a medical professional. I know what drugs do to a developing fetus and imagining that baby struggling in the NICU is what formed my opinion. Its nice to know the other side.
    "Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You
  • image ThePolishHammer:
    My confession. - We've hung out with one of H's coworkers and his family a few times now.  His wife is very nice and we get along really well. But every time we hang out she brings up some nutritional/weight loss shake she sells and talks about how much it helped her lose baby weight and get in shape. And then at work her husband brings it up to H every time and asks if I'm interested and if I want to buy some products. I'm kind of afraid that she is only being friendly with me to make some money and that makes me feel like a loser. Hopefully that's not the case.

Body by vi?  visalus? advocare?

I hate that shits

• image HilarityEnsued:

image RondackHiker:
    image shanado:
    So what? Present it as her getting socialization time and talk up how much she loves it. I second robin's suggestion of a gym with childcare and I also strongly urge you to call DH out on not keeping his promises. You need a break.

Agree with the daycare thing.  Do it.  Who cares what anyone else thinks.  If nothing else, it is absolutely excellent socialization for your LO.  Being able to navigate a new setting and interact with her peers without mom or dad around is nothing but good stuff.  

If you can, do it. They don't need to know! 

If I had any interest in working out outside of at home, I would.  

Lilypie - (MSXB)image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards