November 2012 Moms

Sleep regression

Is anyone dealing with their LO going from longer stretches to back to 2 to 3 hour stretches? E is 11 weeks and has been at it for like 3 days.

I also think he is boycotting the swaddle now :/

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Sleep regression

• image snowflake91011:
    Is anyone dealing with their LO going from longer stretches to back to 2 to 3 hour stretches? E is 11 weeks and has been at it for like 3 days.

I also think he is boycotting the swaddle now :/

I'm not sure if he's regressing since it's only been one night, but this describes M perfectly tonight. He doesn't want to sleep and he can get out of any swaddle! I think our swaddling days are over ::sad face:: He is also 11 weeks
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • K has had a sleep regression lately too. She still has her same long stretch from 9ish to 1ish and used to wake up once, maybe twice, to eat after that but is now up about every hour. I really depend on that early morning sleep time, so I've been feeling like a zombie lately. She's 12 weeks today but it started about a week ago.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YeS! We were getting one 4-6 and then another 3-4. Last couple of nights, I'm lucky to get one 4 and then the rest are like 2 hours plus an hour trying to get him back to sleep each feeding. CJ will be 12 weeks today. Growth spurt maybe?

our little snow baby
  • Yes! We are also going through it. H has never fought sleep at night before but now right around 7:30, he cries and refuses to eat so the last 2 nights he just basically cries himself. He gets up before midnight to eat, 2 am, 3:30 am, 5:30 am, and then is up at 7 for the day. According to the Wonder Weeks book itis a 12 week growth spurt.

• This has been us too. She'll have a long stretch early, still not as long as normal and then up about every 1 - 1.5 hours from 2 am onwards. And, sometimes by 5 am she refuses to go back to  sleep entirely. I hate this week. I feel awful for all you ladies back at work already! 

eta she is also 11 weeks.  

Pregnancy Ticker

photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Yeh, C just did this for about 3 days. But I put him down last night at 10:15pm, a little late for him but it was DH's bday so we had been at dinner, and I went back in there at 3:30am to put my hand on his chest to get him to go back to sleep. And it worked! Then he woke up again right around 6am so I fed him. He's back asleep.

I'm hoping he's going to go back to this because I'm about to start work... like tomorrow... I work. Blegh.

• Yes. Since Tuesday. K will be 11 weeks next tuesday. He slept through the night sunday and that has been it. What the H is all this about?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so glad this seems to be normal.  L had been sleeping so good and this week has been awful.  I'm so tired.  This too shall pass, right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• My DS has been the exact same!  Last night was the worst - and a growth spurt usually lasts about 2-4 days - which last night, was day four . . . but it's not uncommon for a growth spurt to last a week :S  *according to several sources, three months is a common growth spurt time*  And I'm hoping yesterday was the peak of it (he was full on awake).  I know I can handle taken care of him if this is his new sleep schedule (sine hey, we started with 2hrs at a time, at most), but considering he's been STTN for like a month, I was so not physically prepared for these past few days :P

But it's not just the growth spurt, my LO is also teething (little white lines, along his gums, just waiting to burst through lol).  So even when things even out, he'll stick wake to gnaw on his paci and for me to give him baby orajel :P

Wish me luck for tonight! :D 

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• My lo is doing the same thing at 12 weeks!!! The past four nights he is up every two three hours to eat again! I am glad he's not the only one, hopefully it is a three month growth spurt. Just when I thought we were getting on somewhat of a sleep schedule of 1 and 5 am.....