May 2013 Moms
Options

Lost mucus plug

DH and I had some sexy time and afterwards I noticed something in our bed, sorry if its TMI but from all the images on google I KNOW I lost my mucus plug, I will spare you details on how it looked...yuck

I've been spotting since Monday nite and when my OB checked me Tuesday he said everything looked fine just to monitor to make sure my symptoms didn't change...anyone heard of someone losing their plug this early and not go into labor?

ty for any input 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lost mucus plug

• Options
    1. I would call in, just to be safe.
    2. Mucus plugs can regenerate.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Options
    I think you'll be fine. I agree with PP call your doctor better safe than sorry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes, u can loose pieces if your plug weeks before, keep an eye in your yes md make sure u aren't having co reactions but u are likely ok. I lost my plug 8 weeks early and still had to be induced to get her to want to come out.
  • Options
    I lost mine 3 or 4x last pregnancy and never went into labor.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I went to see the doctor on an unplanned appounwnt because of this as well. However, mine was just a scare it wasn't the actual plug and I had no bleeding. Nevertheless, he said its normal and that it usually regenerates within 2448 hours. So there is no need to worry as long as there is no heavy bleeding, crampin or other signs of preterm labor. But if it were to happen to me again, I'd call again, just for peace of mind ya know?

• Options
    Yes, they can regenerate, but I would probably call anyway, given the recent spotting, just to let them know what's going on.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options

Thanks for your input girls :)

I spoke with my OB, he says not to worry unless I start having contractions...but because of all the little things taking place he wants me to take it easy this weekend

Thanks for replying back, I did feel better after reading the posts :)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejesselayne8:
    I lost mine 3 or 4x last pregnancy and never went into labor.

I lost mine 2x's with DS and still had to be induced

• Options

imagewatermelon mom:
    1. I would call in, just to be safe. 2. Mucus plugs can regenerate.

I had no idea that it can regenerate.  Good to know.  

I hope baby stays put! 

BabyFetus Ticker image image
  • Options
    I think you should call as well.  I think your doctor needs to know and you need to be checked again.  Good luck and prayers everything remains ok.
  • Options
    With DS, I lost my plug at 27 or 28 weeks. Went into labor at 34 weeks.
  • Options

imagejerseygirl81:
    Yes, they can regenerate, but I would probably call anyway, given the recent spotting, just to let them know what's going on.

This. 

• Options
    Hmm, is it always bloody? I thought the same thing was happening last night, I was in the shower and I looked down and seen a long stretchy white glob dangling so I thought whoa that's some serious discharge, then thought maybe it was some left over juices from sex the other day. So I grabbed it and when I googled pictures I seen some clear/white mucous plugs pictures, but I thought it would be bloody and wasn't so I'm wondering if maybe it was the start of it falling out?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"