Baby Names

CP: Same letter siblings

When thinking about naming LO #2 I find myself gravitating towards names that begin with the same letter as DS's name.  I'm not a fan of something like Kourtney, Khloe and Kim where the names are altered to match or the Duggars where it is their goal to have matchy "J" names.  If I named LO #2 with the same letter as DS, I would likely continue the trend for future kids.
[Poll]

Re: CP: Same letter siblings

• I think it's fine for 2 kids, but more than that is too much for me.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it's not ideal, but I can definitely see how it happens. I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with boy names for #2 and I'm finding that the few I like begin with A. So it could end up A&A even though I wouldn't do it on purpose.

I wouldn't make a point of continuing the pattern, though. Just choose each name independently.

• image g8trkim:
    I think it's fine for 2 kids, but more than that is too much for me.

I sometimes feel the same way, but then I think if I have 3 kids and they are Lisa, Luke and Mike it would stand out more than Lisa, Luke and Lincoln. 3 is probably the max number that I could be comfortable with doing the same letter for. 

• image g8trkim:

this

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • I don't care for it when they are in a row. For example, my son's name starts with a B, so we are definitely not picking a B name for this baby. However, if we have a third, I might re-consider our other favorite B names. Maybe doesn't make sense to others but it's not as theme-y to me.

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~

• It just depends. I am a B between my brother and sister who have J names, which is kind of fun. But I know of other families who have three children with L names, which is also cool. Their middle initials are the same too!

I personally wouldn't do something like "Luke" and then "Luca" or "Dan" and "Danielle." Way too matchy! 

Any name ideas yet for #2? 

• image BriDaily:

It just depends. I am a B between my brother and sister who have J names, which is kind of fun. But I know of other families who have three children with L names, which is also cool. Their middle initials are the same too!

I personally wouldn't do something like "Luke" and then "Luca" or "Dan" and "Danielle." Way too matchy! 

Any name ideas yet for #2? 

Right now, I am in love with Celeste for a girl and Cohen for a boy!

• My two siblings and I have R names. It has never bothered me, but I won't be naming our children this way. It's just NMS.

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• image g8trkim:

This!
  • image g8trkim:

I agree. 

• image plunderb:
    I think it's not ideal, but I can definitely see how it happens. I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with boy names for 2 and I'm finding that the few I like begin with A. So it could end up Aamp;A even though I wouldn't do it on purpose.I wouldn't make a point of continuing the pattern, though. Just choose each name independently.

This, right down to the double As! If I had two A kids, though, I would actively avoid it for a third. To me, two is a coincidence but three is a theme, and I really hate themes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have two "A" girls. It was a complete coincidence that the only name we could agree on for DD2 started with the same letter as DD1. If we have a third, I won't purposely avoid another "A" name, but I won't pick a name just because it starts with an "A".

dd1 - 09-03-2010 ♥ dd2 - 04-17-2012
    ds1 - 11/11/2014
    3 First Tri Losses - DX MTHFR

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I likely wouldn't do it on purpose. But our son is Wyatt, and one name we are considering for the daughter we are expecting this summer is Whitney. We don't like it solely for the fact that it starts with a W. We just like it. I'm not sure I want to go with it though, because I would feel like if we ever had a third child, their name would have to start with W as well.
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 
    Tessa 7/5/2013
    Baby #3- ????? (ttc soon)

• I must be really hated then ;) 

We chose Moira very early on as our girls choice with our first PG. With PG#2, we decided we needed another kind of different first name and found Maeve. It was not intentionally, rather a name we loved. Then with PG #3 we considered a few names (Bridget, Maren, Fiona) but loved Margo. Alas, we have three girls w/M names.

I will say, however, if DD3 was a boy she would have been Owen, which remained our boy choice all three times.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • im ok with it.  we want all our kids to have 1 syllable first names, 2 syllable middle names, and our last name is 3 syllables. but we'll see:)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My brother and I are Jessica and James...forever known as the Jessi James Gang - and we've ALWAYS loved it :)
  • I'm so surprised to see the vast majority like it or it doesn't bother them because I thought most people on this board hated it. I guess it's the anonymity of clicky polls that led to these results.

Anyway, I voted I like it, but I really love it. I think it's so cute. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTGP March Siggy Challenge
  • My name starts with J and my first two kids start with J. I liked both of my kids names and didn't care that they started with the same letter, but when we had number three, I didn't want another J. everybody was like you are the family of J names you will make the third feel left out.  So my husband starts with A and we had an A name on top of our list so we went with the A name. Now when people complain that he doesn't fit we'll with the other two I say he fits in with his father did you want him to be the only A in a family of J's how fair is that. of course are trying for number four and it has to be a A.  Oy Vey! What did I start what if we have a fifth child what the heck are we going to do then? Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards