October 2011 Moms

Are you getting your LO(s) Valentine gifts?

I bought Audrey a canvas picture for her room of a baby bird, That is her nickname.

I think I am going to get Violet some giant animal figures off amazon.

Oliver is getting cash because he is saving up for a Nook/Kindle.

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg

Re: Are you getting your LO(s) Valentine gifts?

• No... we're saving money for a basement remodel and Brooke is way too young to understand anyway.  We will just give extra hugs and kisses.
    BeesMomma00 formerly LauriJean_2009
    BFP#1 Nov '09; Missed Miscarriage Dec '09; D&C Jan '10
    Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome May '10; Corrective Surgery June '10
    IUI #1 Jan 9, 2011; BFP#2 Jan '11; DD Born Sep 29, 2011
    BFP#3 Sep '12; Conceived Naturally; EDD May 25, 2013

• I will probably get her a musical V-day card, from that funny article HA posted!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  •  I think we will probably get something for SD from us and Nora.  SD already gave something to Nora.  It was a kitty pillow she was able to color in for Nora. 

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• I love an excuse to do some extra shopping for gifts.  No idea what I will get yet but we like to do some kind of "treat" to recognize all the major holidays.
  • No, but her grandparents will.  She'll probably get a new book or a cute shirt from them. 

When she's older I'll give her a card or note and a special chocolate or something, but nothing more than a couple bucks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • will get DS something but I am not sure what. I have been wanting to get him the Melissa and Doug dairy foods so maybe I will just get him that for V-day.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Probably just something very small for each kid, like a book or something similar.  DS' bday is the week after, and he's going to be getting a ton of gifts from family/friends, so we'll be very modest with V-Day.
  • No. While love my boys, I am not their girlfriend. Vday is for lovers.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yes, the Little People school bus.  He is obsessed with it and I would probably buy it anyway so it's a good excuse for a gift! :)

My mom likes to get the grandkids little gifts and I know she is getting A a musical pusher/roller.  

• We don't celebrate it. Hallmark holiday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We were talking about this last night. DH wants to get him a stuffed animal, but I figure he has enough stuffed animals.  I'm pushing for a book.

I grew up in a home that recognized that Valentine's Day is a day to show everyone who is important to you how much you appreciate them.  It's not a romantic holiday.  I still exchange Valentine's Day cards/gifts with my family.  I love looking at it this way because then there's no excuse for sadness or bitterness!

June '15 Dec Siggy Challenge.  Awkward Family Holiday Pics

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No, but I bought heart shaped sip cup to give to his cousin (we'll all be on vacation together on the 14), and I got some Elmo valentines to give to my sisters and mom "from" G.
  • Lillian loves mylar baloons and flowers, so I figured I'd get a very cliche V-day gift for my toddler.  I am not even sure what to get DH.

• We'll get him something small. I'm thinking finger paints and a smock or a book. Maybe a puzzle. I'm not sure yet, but nothing too crazy. 
  • We'll probably do something small. I saw a cute veggie tales valentine DVD I might pick up. Last year she got a sophie giraffe. I can't imagine spending over $15 or so.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wasn't going to, until I saw the Little People Garage on clearance.  Also, C flipped his shiz when he saw it in the store.  So, in order to rationalize yet another toy, I'm saving it for Valentines Day.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm probably going to make A some cookies. I'm making pink heart rice krispie treats for MH.  Our valentines day traditions usually consist of me making some sweet treat that we don't usually have and a fun dinner. 

• image blu-eyedwife:

We were talking about this last night. DH wants to get him a stuffed animal, but I figure he has enough stuffed animals.  I'm pushing for a book.

I grew up in a home that recognized that Valentine's Day is a day to show everyone who is important to you how much you appreciate them.  It's not a romantic holiday.  I still exchange Valentine's Day cards/gifts with my family.  I love looking at it this way because then there's no excuse for sadness or bitterness!

I feel the same way about the purpose of Valentine's Day.  It's about love of all kinds, and a great chance to show everyone in your life how important they are to you.

And I like the idea of a book.  My mom did stuffed animals for each of us (including my dad) for years.  None of us liked stuffed animals except her.  It was such a waste.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards