Health & Exercise

Protein Powder?

If I wanted to make a shake with protein powder in it, is that bad? I am 25 weeks Thanks!

Re: Protein Powder?

• There was a post on this a week or so back.  

I still consume Whole Foods Whey protein powder that contains Stevia, but I limit myself to between half and one scoop per day.  My doctor does not have a problem with it.  In fact, due to food aversions, it's been a major source of protein for me on many days.  If you're worried, give your doctor a call.

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I think it depends what brand and what the ingredients are.  I used to drink one (I cannot remember the name), but it had all kinds of enzymes or something in it, so it was not recommended for pregnant women.  I am pretty sure it even said that on the jar, so I would check yours or look it up online.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrs.mastro:
    I think it depends what brand and what the ingredients are.  I used to drink one (I cannot remember the name), but it had all kinds of enzymes or something in it, so it was not recommended for pregnant women.  I am pretty sure it even said that on the jar, so I would check yours or look it up online.

FWIW...most protein powders...and a lot of products in general will say they aren't recommended for pregnant or lactating women.  A lot of times it's a general disclaimer to avoid any potential liability.  I would just check with your doctor if you're worried. 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • As long as you stick to something that is 100% whey like a GNC Pro Performance that doesn't contain anything other than the whey protein such as what are deemed as "banned substances", you should be fine.. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know this response is a little late but I just bought vegan one protien power bc it's all natural and the protien comes from veggies. It has stevia but that is a plant based sweetener. It tastes good and I don't worry that there is additives, soy or anything else that potentially could harm the baby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"