LGBT Parenting

TTT

Ten Things Tuesday! Let's hear them!
| lesbian mom and hoosier |
| partner to my jelly jam since 02.14.05 |
| mommy to a sweet boy born 02.18.09 |
CafeMom Tickers

Re: TTT

• 1. I will never post on the TTC board based on people getting yelled at! 

2. I love this board.

3. Wife and I are considering a known donor. I am a lawyer so I know the risks, but we are (IF we choose this) will sit down with an experienced lawyer first.

4. Potential known donor and wife are on board and spectacular.

5. Starting Metformin soon to assist with PCOS. I decided against taking birth control.

6. Dealing with insurance issues is scary. I am self-employed and paying $500 a month for insurance when I do get pregnant is not an option. Hopefully wife's union will allow us to share insurance, despite the tax issue.

7. Talked to an RE office that was highly recommended and they informed us that we have to still go through a sperm bank if we want a known donor. Sperm would have to be quarantined for 6 months. Although this is not AS expensive as using an anonymous donor, it is still pricey.

8. I talked to the sperm bank we would use and they were phenomenal.

9. My journey to continue losing weight starts the next level- getting back to working out. I lost 8 lbs just changing our eating.

10. Excited that we are making some progress...:)  

Married my soulmate on 10.1.11; One furbaby, Emma the cat; Madly in love and Just starting our journey on the TTC path! Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • 1.  We have declared February our "self & family care month"!   I am looking forward to redirecting my energy for a short-period to walking the dog, looking after us, and treating ourselves to a spa day.

2.  Our donor now has a reported pregnancy on file!   This is exciting, but worries me as well because I don't want to run out of sperm!

3.   I had a really encouraging meeting at work yesterday with my boss.  She's enthused about my work and where it's going.

4.  I am waiting for the call confirming our BFN by bloodwork from the clinic today.  I'm playing this horrible game with myself of "I KNOW I'm not pregnant, but what if?!"  - it's not good....

5.  I have official support at work to start engaging the queer students who use our space and working to create programming just for them.  I'm so psyched about that!

6.  I found out that my work insurance covers fertility drugs!!!!!  At least right now it's a 60/40 co-pay, but it's amazing news for us because it will mean saving a bit of money in the long run, esp. if we try injectables next.

7.  We are officially going to take a month off from TTC.   I feel like I need time, and want to spend it catching up and getting information so I don't feel like I'm always a step-behind the RE when we get any new news.   

8.   I feel like my TTT today is pretty positive.  The truth is I alternate between being positive and feeling in control and totally freaked out, pissed at IF, and not sure what to do...  

9.   I can't wait to meet 2moms2be's twins via photos!  :) 

10.  I love you guys.  As much as one can love strangers.... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 31 (me) & 32 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey:
    Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - TWO HEARTBEATS!   Rocky 1 & Rocky 2 are rocking out in there.

• Manada, I almost quoted your whole post to tell you that I'm excited about your post. There's a lot of good news even among the emotions that I can't imagine you're having. It is just great that you have some coverage from insurance on drugs! I don't/didn't have that, but definitely call around when it comes time. Prices really do vary with different pharmacies.... I wish you a month of peace and empowerment! This will be great for you!

1. I also can't wait for the arrival of the twins and to see pics in the next few days!

2. I'm battling pretty much daily nausea off and on. I'm definitely glad to have it in a way, but it does remind me that my body is not just my own anymore :)

3. Although I'm having consistent symptoms, I still feel very nervous about the pregnancy. I've just seen too many stories of loss in the early months. I'm just trying to stay positive and I need to stop reading sad stories on the Sept. Moms page from those who are dropping out.

4. In relation to #3, I am just waiting to get through the first hurdle, my u/s next week at 6w5d we should see a little baby to be and a heartbeat. I'll feel much better at that point.

5. S is so cute. Every day when I get home, she asks me to tell her everything I'm feeling. And of course I oblige under the understanding that I'm not complaining, merely telling her what's happened that day - It's her baby too!

6. My boss has that Australian stomach flu that's been on the news. I'm literally terrified that I'm going to get it. I just don't want to get anything right now that could harm this pregnancy.

7. I've been working a ton lately. I'm in the last stretch (2-3 months) of working my second job and it's definitely hard because I feel like I should be soaking up these last few months doing what I actually want to do, but it gives me a chance to save for FMLA leave.

8. I told a dear friend last night and she was so excited for us. I know she'll keep it to herself, so I'm not worried, but it's really nice to get a positive reaction, as I know neither of us will probably get it from family when we finally tell them.

9. I wish I could take a nap right now

10. I'm starting to get really excited about my lunch with a vendor who is also a friend. It's nice to catch up and who doesn't love a free lunch!

DP and I have been together since 1/2007 and had a wedding ceremony 5/11

IUIs - natural cycle, one cancelled, 2 w/50mg Clomid

IUI #4 - 5mg Femera, ovidril Jan 2012 BFP!!! Beta 13DPO= 41, 15DPO = 123; 1st u/s at 6w4d HB 132!; 2nd u/s 8w4d HB 179

EDD 9.26.13

• JGYJGY
    Ancient Membership 500 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper

1. Manada - Yay for Insurance coverage!

2. I have a direct report who really struggles with basic computer functions.  And yet my boss repeatedly forces me to assign projects to him that require significant computer time.  This employee also constantly feels overworked and exhausted.  The other day I caught him HANDWRITING a long long long string of part numbers down onto a piece of paper (copying from an excel spreadsheet) simply to be able to TYPE THEM IN to a different spreadsheet.  He does not take my offers of help/suggestions easily.  I almost lost my mind.

3. #2 really had me going yesterday.  I'm struggling with what to do.  I want to gently offer him some training in Excel (we have internal on-line courses he can take), but I know he won't do it unless I tell him he has to.  That is a difficult conversation that I'd rather avoid today.

4. I'm about 60% of the way through my taxes and I can't believe how early I've been able to start on them this year.  I needed to estimate my refund in order to budget properly for Maternity Leave, and things are looking positive.  Yay!

5. Today is a swim-over-lunch-break day.  Half of me is excited to go get in the pool, the other half doesn't want to have to dry my hair again.

6. This morning some nosey-a$$ woman at doggie day-care made a biitchy comment to me about how unruly my dog is.  Yeah, thanks for the judgement.  I'm glad you considered that he might have some serious health problems that have kept him out of obedience training (and cost us $$$ - many owners would have put him down), and I'm doing my absolute best 7 1/2 months pregnant, in 3-inch heels for work, and on an icy surface.  Also, F-off lady.  He's one of their favorite dogs there and they will tell anyone who will listen.

7. Well ... leave it to me to ruin the otherwise positive vibe on TTT today!  Big Smile

8. I am planning a surprise gift for S, to be given to her at her work Baby Shower.  I think she's going to love it, and I KNOW her coworkers will.

9. I forgot my lunch today.

10. That means I get to buy something else to eat, which I will probably enjoy much more!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN (effed up RE protocol)
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy Gabriel Born 3/24/13

• 1.I also love this board!  I have looked at some of the other boards and people can be so rude and snarky.  It is funny that I update my wife in the evenings as to the happenings on here, its like i know all of you

2. addition to #1 I am super excited to see the twins too (via pics of course)

3. I took another HPT today and got a BFN, but I still haven't gotten my period.  Weird

4. I had an amazing weekend with my family, which never happens!!  Everyone got along and we ended up going to a gay club.  My family is supportive of me and my wife, but for my mom, sister, aunts and cousin to all go with us to a gay club is awesome!  They were dancing their butts off and having a blast.  At one point I stood back and almost cried because I am lucky for their support.  

5. We never go out anymore, so it was fun to get out and dance a little too

6. I am still looking for a job, its starting to get a little frustrating

7. I live in Ohio and its going to be 60 degrees today!  That is crazy for January, but I am loving having some windows open today.  Now if I can just keep myself from falling asleep on the couch

8. I have gotten into a bad habit of napping during the day while my wife is at work.  I need to stop!

9.It is becoming a little frustrating explaining the TTC to my mother that got knocked up with me and my sister without even trying.  She doesn't get how hard it actually is for us.

10. It is time to get off my couch and finish cleaning.  

Have a wonderful day everyone!!! 

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We will be welcoming Adalyn Elizabeth on 9/2/14 :-)

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2 yrs old, M,  and 6 months old, K

• 1. Knowing that my foot is broken, the pain seems to be far worse than when I thought it was sprained. Is this all in my head or did I allow the reality of the pain to finally sink in?

2. We are discussing hiring our own lawyer to help finalize the girls adoption, I still don't trust ASW and a lawyer will make me feel more comfortable.

3. I discovered yesterday that the cat has been peeing on Owl's bed, luckily we have a plastic cover over the mattress and Owl hasn't been using that bed.

4. Apple's cold is almost gone!

5. I'm trying something new at Starbucks this morning, a vanilla spice latte.

6. Little Big Town is doing a small concert next Wednesday and we may try to get in, entry is a donation to a predetermined cause and only so many people fit in the venue so we can only try.

7. This coffee is eh, I prefer a regular vanilla latte or chai latte over this weird but not too bad combo. It's kind of growing on me but it still wouldn't be my first choice.

8. I need to clean my bedroom, it looks like an episode of Hoarders.

9. I want to check on the sprouts in my garden but don't know if hobbling out there is the best idea.

10. A nap is in order today.
  • 1. I am so excited and happy for 2moms2b. I cannot wait to see photos of her sweet boys.

2. I finished my quilt top on Sunday, but I may add a wide white border to make it full size. We're taking a trip to the fabric store tomorrow to decide.

3. DS had a full fledged meltdown because he popped a balloon today. Anytime he thinks about it he sobs. I finally laid him down for a nap. Poor kid is exhausted.

4. I need to get working on a few pay it forward gifts. I decided to send five people a random gift in the mail. It makes me happy to get mail so I want to spread the love and send some pretty things!

5. I've gotten very serious about losing weight. I've lost 10lbs since 12/31. One of my friends and I are also walking the mall 2 days a week. We get about 2.2 miles in on the days we go. It feels great.

6. Indiana weather is so all over the place. Last Tuesday our high was 9 and we had snow. Today our high is 61 and we've got thunderstorms. Thursday will be 20 with snow. Huh?

7. I need to get back in the blogging groove.

8. I am so thankful that I've made strides in making friends in the online quilt blogging community. It is such an awesome group of women and I'm thankful to call them friends.

9. I need more coffee.

10. I also need a nap.

| lesbian mom and hoosier |
    | partner to my jelly jam since 02.14.05 |
    | mommy to a sweet boy born 02.18.09 |
    CafeMom Tickers
  • 1. I love the community feel of this board, I love hearing everyone's stories, and I can't wait to see pictures of the twins.  I hope you and your partner have a great family month before jumping back in, Manada. 

2. Feeling incredibly bummed out due to me losing my head for a minute and throwing my pants in the laundry with my iPhone still in the pocket.  Nine minutes in the wash and it's a loss even after trying to do the rice trick.  Luckily I have insurance, and a replacement won't cost anything, but I have been taking weekly tummy pictures of DP which are now all gone.  The thing that gets me the most is that this is uncharacteristic of me. 

3. I was caught off-guard this morning at work at the amount of graphics I had to make, then finding out literally 5 minutes before the show that we were going to have a live shot plus a phoner.  Everything went well except for the phoner, which didn't happen because the audio guy didn't know which source to bring up, and my producer and I didn't have enough time to go in and find it and do our jobs as well, so my boss was upset with me because we should have known which audio source to bring up (even though the last time we did one of these was about 6 months ago).

4. I've started the process of looking for a lawyer to do a second-parent adoption and it's a little overwhelming.  I've never had a lawyer, so I don't really know what to ask, or what to expect.  

5. I'm really concerned about the state pursuing child support from the donor because DP is applying for county medical and from what the lawyers have been telling me if she is trying to get state support, they find the biological father and make him pay support so, in theory, she doesn't need to make taxpayers pay, the donor will. 

6. What REALLY gets me about #5, is that if we were allowed to get married I could cover them both and none of that would be a problem.

7. Last week we went through the baby clothes we already have (mostly from our nephews, some were childhood dresses that her grandma made).  I can't wait to see the baby actually wearing what we have.  

8. We had our second prenatal appointment today and got to hear the heartbeat!  160bpm, totally normal.  I think it was 165 when we had the ultrasound.  

9. My mom called me yesterday genuinely concerned because she had to get 4 new tires for her car, and found out she also needs a new washing machine, so she's worried that she won't be able to spoil the baby properly.  I told her 2013 wasn't going to be a bad year, that it was just going to be in January, and the year is going to just keep getting better instead.  I hope I'm right.  

10. I'm really worried about finances.  The adoption cost alone will wipe out all of our savings, plus we want to get a doula (who did say she could trade baby sitting hours for payment, but pretty sure even with that it will be a big expense).  Not to mention baby stuff, like a crib, car seat, monitor, etc.  I picked up a second job, but it's only seasonal, on random days, and will be ending next month.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image trisholio:

1.I also love this board!  I have looked at some of the other boards and people can be so rude and snarky.  It is funny that I update my wife in the evenings as to the happenings on here, its like i know all of you

2. addition to #1 I am super excited to see the twins too (via pics of course)

3. I took another HPT today and got a BFN, but I still haven't gotten my period.  Weird

4. I had an amazing weekend with my family, which never happens!!  Everyone got along and we ended up going to a gay club.  My family is supportive of me and my wife, but for my mom, sister, aunts and cousin to all go with us to a gay club is awesome!  They were dancing their butts off and having a blast.  At one point I stood back and almost cried because I am lucky for their support.  

5. We never go out anymore, so it was fun to get out and dance a little too

6. I am still looking for a job, its starting to get a little frustrating

7. I live in Ohio and its going to be 60 degrees today!  That is crazy for January, but I am loving having some windows open today.  Now if I can just keep myself from falling asleep on the couch

8. I have gotten into a bad habit of napping during the day while my wife is at work.  I need to stop!

9.It is becoming a little frustrating explaining the TTC to my mother that got knocked up with me and my sister without even trying.  She doesn't get how hard it actually is for us.

10. It is time to get off my couch and finish cleaning.  

Have a wonderful day everyone!!! 

You and I are so similar! I am also searching for a job, cleaning the house and trying not to nap :) It's almost 60 here in Michigan, too!  Also, we haven't told anyone except two friends, the potential known donor and his wife and my mother. We are hoping to avoid any conversation except the "I'm pregnant" one :)  

Married my soulmate on 10.1.11; One furbaby, Emma the cat; Madly in love and Just starting our journey on the TTC path! Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • image only1leia:

1. I love the community feel of this board, I love hearing everyone's stories, and I can't wait to see pictures of the twins.  I hope you and your partner have a great family month before jumping back in, Manada. 

2. Feeling incredibly bummed out due to me losing my head for a minute and throwing my pants in the laundry with my iPhone still in the pocket.  Nine minutes in the wash and it's a loss even after trying to do the rice trick.  Luckily I have insurance, and a replacement won't cost anything, but I have been taking weekly tummy pictures of DP which are now all gone.  The thing that gets me the most is that this is uncharacteristic of me. 

3. I was caught off-guard this morning at work at the amount of graphics I had to make, then finding out literally 5 minutes before the show that we were going to have a live shot plus a phoner.  Everything went well except for the phoner, which didn't happen because the audio guy didn't know which source to bring up, and my producer and I didn't have enough time to go in and find it and do our jobs as well, so my boss was upset with me because we should have known which audio source to bring up (even though the last time we did one of these was about 6 months ago).

4. I've started the process of looking for a lawyer to do a second-parent adoption and it's a little overwhelming.  I've never had a lawyer, so I don't really know what to ask, or what to expect.  

5. I'm really concerned about the state pursuing child support from the donor because DP is applying for county medical and from what the lawyers have been telling me if she is trying to get state support, they find the biological father and make him pay support so, in theory, she doesn't need to make taxpayers pay, the donor will. 

6. What REALLY gets me about #5, is that if we were allowed to get married I could cover them both and none of that would be a problem.

7. Last week we went through the baby clothes we already have (mostly from our nephews, some were childhood dresses that her grandma made).  I can't wait to see the baby actually wearing what we have.  

8. We had our second prenatal appointment today and got to hear the heartbeat!  160bpm, totally normal.  I think it was 165 when we had the ultrasound.  

9. My mom called me yesterday genuinely concerned because she had to get 4 new tires for her car, and found out she also needs a new washing machine, so she's worried that she won't be able to spoil the baby properly.  I told her 2013 wasn't going to be a bad year, that it was just going to be in January, and the year is going to just keep getting better instead.  I hope I'm right.  

10. I'm really worried about finances.  The adoption cost alone will wipe out all of our savings, plus we want to get a doula (who did say she could trade baby sitting hours for payment, but pretty sure even with that it will be a big expense).  Not to mention baby stuff, like a crib, car seat, monitor, etc.  I picked up a second job, but it's only seasonal, on random days, and will be ending next month.

I am a lawyer and you can e-mail me if you have questions on what to look for/questions to ask your lawyer. I'd be happy to give you any insight I have! polyhymnia23@yahoo.com 

• One other thing: If your DP states she doesn't know the donor, how will they find him? Is the fact that you used a KD part of Hippa? 
  • 1. The southern rock station on Pandora is awesome.

2. I decided to apply for this bonus program that they are doing at work. It is a ton of work to apply, but I feel like I need to and a little extra money is always good.

3. If I get that small bonus, it will go towards a Disney vacation for either later this year or the beginning of next year.

4. L is so excited. She is going to be turning in the whole freaking dissertation either February 8 or 11. I think she is done going to hotels for the weekend.

5. Anyone into Scandal? I LOVE that show.

6.  My horseradish roast beef sandwich was super yummy.

7. I hated horseradish,onions, and all spicy foods until after I had the boys. I've never met anyone else who's tastes changed that dramatically post pregnancy.

8.This has been open so long that 2mom2boys had her babies! So exciting! Just the beginning of a fun journey!

9. It is going to be warm today and tomorrow. Why are these beautiful days being wasted during the week. I have 2 boys who need to get out of the house and run run run.

10. Last night Carter asked me which Super Hero is my favorite. Knowing very little about Super Heros, I answered, "Catwoman." And then muttered, "cause she is hot" under my breath. L kicked me under the table and then informed me that Catwoman isn't a Super Hero. Oh, well. She is still hot.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Hi ladies, happy Tuesday!

1. I am also super grateful for this board. And I also update my wife on all of you each evening!
    2. Also super excited to see the twins... because that is the most amazing baby belly I've ever seen and I bet those boys are going to be big and healthy!
    3. My wife and I are taking the BFN pretty well this month. I remarked that to her, and she said "I'm kind of getting used to it." Sad but true. Our 6th BFN in 9 months, and that was with testing every month. Someone on here said that their life is lived in 2 week intervals, and that is so true for me! I feel like I have had PMS for 9 months straight.
    4. Speaking of PMS, I am seriously hungry. I decided to snack on my lunch and then ate the entire thing. It is only 10am.
    5. We had a great date night last night, bikram (hot) yoga and then thai takeout coconut soup. My favorite. 
    6. I get to watch Ru Paul Drag Race season premiere tonight. So excited.
    7. I don't know what the next step in my TTC process is (injectables? IVF?) but I'm ready to explore new options. I'm comforted to see that I'm not the only one on the board considering these things.
    8. I had a great reunion with an old friend who is so inspiring to me. I shared with him my struggles and this morning he sent me Journey's "Don't stop believing" video to wake me up. I'm blessed.
    9. I get to go to Seattle in two days with DW! Yay!
    10. Today I'm believing there will be life after TTC, and it feels good.

I hope you all have a good day!

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • image polyhymnia23:
    image only1leia:

I am a lawyer and you can e-mail me if you have questions on what to look for/questions to ask your lawyer. I'd be happy to give you any insight I have! polyhymnia23@yahoo.com 

Too funny that we are so much alike right now!  You can also email me, if you are bored or trying to avoid housework at pmgates@yahoo.com :-) 

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We will be welcoming Adalyn Elizabeth on 9/2/14 :-)

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2 yrs old, M,  and 6 months old, K

• image 2brides:

10. Last night Carter asked me which Super Hero is my favorite. Knowing very little about Super Heros, I answered, "Catwoman." And then muttered, "cause she is hot" under my breath. L kicked me under the table and then informed me that Catwoman isn't a Super Hero. Oh, well. She is still hot.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• 1. Our road trip has been extended due to bad road conditions on the pass we need to take home. That's okay though because C and I can work remotely and we get more time with my family.

2. So far the trip has been amazing and our family has been so unbelievably cute in their response to our news.

3. C got some good news today. We're waiting to hear more.

4. My friend from DC is going to be in town for interviews and I get to tell her in person at breakfast Thursday morning.

5. I'm in the place with more work than time or inclination. Unfortunately, a lot of it is unpaid. Prioritization!

6. Today's going to be our first belly shot.

7. I can't wait to get home to our little dog.

8. We're trying to set up a dinner with our closest non-work friends in Seattle this week to share our news. Then we'll tell our supervisor and colleagues next week.

9. Cutie tangerines are my favorite fruit right now!

10. Off to determine our chances of safely heading home today!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As for me...

1. We had our first MW appointment yesterday - it went great, though I would have loved to have heard the heartbeat, the bean was being a tad shy. Guess we'll have to wait until next time.

2. In case I was "worried" (Which I always am) the bean decided to give me symptoms with a vengeance yesterday - horrible nausea, ridiculous headache - I hate feeling this way, but I am grateful that I am able to.

3. Though at one point last night, it got so rough I turned to DW and told her "I changed my mind, you can have the rest of the babies" Thankfully, she finds me cute ;)

4. So looking forward to the warm weather that is coming our way tomorrow - today was beautiful too, but tomorrow is supposed to be tropical for Jan.

5. Getting SO antsy to meet my little niece or nephew...and hoping that he/she doesn't arrive too late since I already have my plane ticket

6. Even though Valentine's Day has never been a big thing for us, I am a little sad that I'll be away from DW on our first married one...

7. DW surprised me with a watch that I had been wanting this weekend - ah, I love it!

8. I have subsisted on all things ginger today...ginger ale, ginger snaps and ginger candy. With some bread thrown in to "mix it up"

9. I am really thankful that I have found this board and the people on it - reading about your stories is incredible, and makes me realize that even though we might be the only ones doing this "in our circle" we are certainly not alone.

10.  Seems like for the most part people are having a great day - love to see that on here! So excited to "meet" the twins, wishing Manada & Healz a wonderful month "off" - I loved our break month. And I love seeing how positive MollyKelley is - seriously, you are incredible! 

• 1. I too am excited to meet the twins via the bump board... and I also have really loved getting to know you all over this board...you guys are so great!

2. C took the day off work today and we went to the zoo. It was wonderful! We got a membership to the zoo from C's parents and we will certainly use it A LOT!

3. We have 5 days left in our 2ww and it isn't getting any easier...of course I want to get our BFP but I just wanna know!!! This week is DRAGGING!!!

4. I am considering watching some kids out of our home but I can't seem to make a decision...its sort of stressing me out! 

5. I am going to watch my parents dog this weekend so I am traveling alone for the weekend (C has to work). Im excited to see some friends but its going to be hard to do nothing but POAS all weekend.

6.  The weather in Ohio this week is nutty, It was like 60 degree today and is supposed to be down to like 20 degrees on friday...so crazy!

7. I have really been trying to get my business off the ground and now that I have some extra time on my hands I am really excited to keep going with it and hopefully have it go live soon! 

8. We had a living social deal for Mellow Mushroom Pizza and we ate there for lunch today...it was SO yummy! 

9. We are about 1/2 through season 3 of Dexter...this show is so disturbing but I really love it. 

10. I think I am giving myself symptoms because I have been questioning whether this will take non-stop...makes it crazy hard...I almost lost my cookies in the Gorilla house at the zoo!!! 

I hope everyone has a great and wonderful rest of the day! 

• image only1leia:

I'm replying to your e-mail now! Stand by for a long e-mail with everything you want to know about lawyers, haha! 

• 1. TTT day! Love it :)

2. Manada got approved to sponsor me for permanent residency in Canada. This doesn't really mean anything (other than that they confirmed she doesn't have a criminal record, isn't married to anyone else, and hasn't sponsored anyone else in the last few years) because the real part of the process will be when they evaluate me and our relationship (to make sure it's legitimate). The exciting part about her being approved is that that happened sooner than we expected so we hope the whole process will go faster, too.

3. BFN. 

4. We are talking about signing up for a $20 yoga pass for 10 days of unlimited yoga (since neither of has done yoga in years, we would probably only be able to survive going 2 or 3 times in that 10 days) at a studio near us for part of our self care February. I'm excited.

5. We might also take a beginning sewing machine class together this weekend! We got a sewing machine for Christmas.

6. I got glasses today. I've never had glasses before and I'm excited for these. I don't have to wear them (the optometrist said I didn't even have to fill the prescription because it was so small) but they help with seeing things at a distance more clearly, especially for driving. And they're cute. :)

7. I made a plan with my PhD supervisor about getting him part of my second chapter by March 1. That is both exciting and intimidating.

8. I love the show Bones. I love that Angel from Buffy is on it. :)

9.  Our RE can't meet with us until Feb 25, which really sucks in terms of our next plan. We could go in for cyle monitoring and meet informally with her when she gives us the cycle monitoring results but that would be a very rushed meeting, which is not what we want. Not sure what we will do.

10. There is sooo much rain in Toronto but it snowed yesterday morning. Wacky weather.  

****signature and ticker warning*****

We're queer. I'm 33 and don't have any fallopian tubes left. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus).

Our TTC and Infertility history:
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

with me: blocked tube dx'd via HSG in December 2012; polyps dx'd via sonohysterogram in 12/2012 and removed via hysteroscopy in 1/2013; hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in 5/2013 via transvaginal ultrasound. Laparoscopy performed 6/2013 to deal with hydrosalpinx--dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy during surgery. Repeat hysteroscopy 10/2013 with two polyps removed.

Our IVFs:
    IVF November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap
    Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    HPT BFP on 2/13 evening (6dp3dt); Beta 1 (2/18 at 11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (2/20 at 13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (2/22 at 15dp3dt):  348; Beta 4 (2/26 at 19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (2/28 at 21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 9 week ultrasound (3/26): We saw both move! Twin A measuring 8w6d with a heartbeat of 182 and Twin B measuring 8w5d with a heartbeat of 180.

image  image

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers