VBAC

How long after 1st c-section can you try for VBAC?

Good afternoon, ladies!  I had DD by c-section 16 months ago and we are thinking of TTC sometime this summer/early fall.  I really, really want to go for a VBAC but am terrified of rupturing or something else happening during the pregnancy.  To be honest, I'm scared of being pregnant after having a c-section in general.  My doctor said to typically wait at least a year after giving birth to get pregnant again, which is a non-issue as we are past that point.  

How soon after your c-section did you get pregnant again?  How long do you have to wait after your first section to go for a VBAC?  TIA! 

March '15 November Siggy Challenge: Go-To Gif 

image  image

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
      Team Pink Again! 

Re: How long after 1st c-section can you try for VBAC?

• I think you're fine as you're already 16 months past and you're not even pregnant yet. For me it was 3 years and 7 weeks after my c-section but i know there have been plenty of women who were much closer together.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • I got pregnant 8 months after my c-section so my babies will be 17 months apart.  My Dr does not have a specific timeline but most say 18-24 months between deliveries.  You are well past that.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    TTC#2 - 
    Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC # 3 June 2014
  • I'm going to try to vbac 22 months after my c section. I've heard some doctors like 18 to 24 months between births but no one has said anything to me about spacing.

• I just vbaced and my births are 22 months apart.  But I was trying to get pregnant right after my csection and my doctor had no issue with me vbac-ing then.  
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c Harrison 2/6/12 @ 14weeks
  • My OB recommended waiting a year after the c-section to get pregnant. I got pregnant at 14 months post c-section and successfully VBACed at 22 months post-op.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had my VBAC 22 months after my c-section. I found out I was pregnant when DD1 was 13.5 months old.  I think most practices like to have at least 18-24 months between deliveries.
                                                                              July 2015 BMB Siggy Contest
                                                                                Thanksgiving Fails
    image                   image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards