March 2012 Moms

Tantrums? Already?`

How many of you out there have an LO that throws monumental fits?! My son is really starting to figure out that he hates being told no! I figured it's normal for this age because he's so much more aware of what's going on around him but he kicks his legs, swings his arms, yells, cries and basically freaks out when throwing a fit. Every meal is a fight which involves hitting the spoon, hitting his tray and throwing food. Some days are worse than others but I guess I never expected such extreme behavior this young :(

Anyone else???

DS born 3/10/12 - DD - born 10/7/14!

image image

Re: Tantrums? Already?`

• Oh my goodness, DD has been throwing tantrums since she was 6 months old. Just part of them discovering they are their own person.

DD's are usually more along the lines of throwing herself on the floor and crying very, very loudly. If no one is paying attention, she stops.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012 ~ TTC #2: Started 4/2014

• Oh yes. Tantrum city here! Leg kicking, yelling, screaming, you name it! Diaper changes are such an adventure.
  • Oh yes, definitely tantrums here!  DS is NOT a fan of the word "no" or having things taken away!  Yelling, kicking, arching his back and falling to the floor or folding in half at the waist and kinda hitting the floor with his hands.. very dramatic.  It's hard not to laugh.
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    52 books in 2014?              
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • yup yup! Same here! he kickes and stiffens up! Changing diaper is a challenge also when I put him in the play pen. ugh.
  • Nothing aggravates me more than when DS swats the spoon away and throws food everywhere. He hates being fed purees unless it is yogurt. I finally got him to eat some carrots and rice cereal that I'm trying to use up by bribing him with cheese. Good luck with the melt downs!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image Mrs MoJoRisin:
    Nothing aggravates me more than when DS swats the spoon away and throws food everywhere. He hates being fed purees unless it is yogurt. I finally got him to eat some carrots and rice cereal that I'm trying to use up by bribing him with cheese. Good luck with the melt downs!

I'm very patient but it drives me crazy too! It's not just hitting the spoon and food flying but it's the look he gives me while he does it. He stares right in my eyes and give me a "ha ha momma, I'm not eating this crap" kind of look! GRRRR He seems to only want baby food and not the food I make him.....

image image

• image kbruington:

I'm very patient but it drives me crazy too! It's not just hitting the spoon and food flying but it's the look he gives me while he does it. He stares right in my eyes and give me a "ha ha momma, I'm not eating this crap" kind of look! GRRRR He seems to only want baby food and not the food I make him.....

Ours LO only wants the foods mommy makes, not the baby foods we've been trying to transition to for time saving.  I don't get too many swats at the spoon unless he's really mad, but I definitely get those "no way lady" looks!

No real kicking and screaming from him as far as tantrums go, but he gets super whiny and starts throwing his head back and swatting at whatever/whoever is nearest.  I have a hard time getting mad at him since he looks so funny flailing his head around haha. 

• Tantrums over here too! He will throw himself on the floor and cry. I keep thinking to myself if this is how he is at 10 months then how bad will the terrible 2s be?!
  • image countrygrl5533:
    Oh my goodness, DD has been throwing tantrums since she was 6 months old. Just part of them discovering they are their own person.DD's are usually more along the lines of throwing herself on the floor and crying very, very loudly. If no one is paying attention, she stops.

This. I feel like my DD is a tantrum queen. They started around 6 months also. However now my DD has a high pitch scream she does. The worst ones she throws are when she is getting into something she's not supposed to, and gets told no.
  • We were pretty tantrum free expect for the occational fit when we said no, but today my DS threw a fit the ENTIRE way to and from Gymboree (30 minute drive). i think it was a combination of hating his carseat, teething and being tired, but it wasn't just crying and fussing, he was actually screaming (AH..AH...AHHHH) at the top of his lungs, goodness! He went straight down for a nap when we got home and is still asleep! 
  • I figured I wasn't alone but this makes me feel a little better! I also thought if he is this head strong now...how will he be at 2 years old?! :)

image image

• For those of you whose LOs flip out with purees, a suggestion for you.. I stopped making purees a couple of weeks ago but still have quite a bit in the freezer to use.  I've been trying to use up the purees that I still have left by giving a combination of finger foods and purees at a meal - I'll give DS some finger foods (pieces of crackers, toast, fruits, veggies, whatever) and let him feed himself those, and then sneak in a spoonful of pureed foods after every couple of bites of finger foods.  It's what I do with yogurt and cottage cheese too.  DS gets quite annoyed if he can't feed himself at least part of the meal!

And I'm wondering the same thing as many of you.. what are the terrible twos going to be like?!? 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    52 books in 2014?              
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • image KrsCrp83:
    For those of you whose LOs flip out with purees, a suggestion for you..nbsp;I stopped making purees a couple of weeks ago but still have quite a bit in the freezer to use. nbsp;I've been trying to use up the purees that I still have left by giving a combination of finger foods and purees at a meal I'll give DS some finger foods pieces of crackers, toast, fruits, veggies, whatever and let him feed himself those, and then sneak in a spoonful of pureed foods after every couple of bites of finger foods. nbsp;It's what I do with yogurt and cottage cheese too. nbsp;DS gets quite annoyed if he can't feed himself at least part of the meal!And I'm wondering the same thing as many of you.. what are the terrible twos going to be like?!?nbsp;

Ha! I do this same thing. I'll hold the carrot like I'm giving it to her and pop the spoon in!
  • image lisadfox:
    image KrsCrp83:
    For those of you whose LOs flip out with purees, a suggestion for you..nbsp;I stopped making purees a couple of weeks ago but still have quite a bit in the freezer to use. nbsp;I've been trying to use up the purees that I still have left by giving a combination of finger foods and purees at a meal I'll give DS some finger foods pieces of crackers, toast, fruits, veggies, whatever and let him feed himself those, and then sneak in a spoonful of pureed foods after every couple of bites of finger foods. nbsp;It's what I do with yogurt and cottage cheese too. nbsp;DS gets quite annoyed if he can't feed himself at least part of the meal!And I'm wondering the same thing as many of you.. what are the terrible twos going to be like?!?nbsp;

Ha! I do this same thing. I'll hold the carrot like I'm giving it to her and pop the spoon in!

If you freeze the puree into ice cube trays you could stick those in a mesh feeder maybe?
    DS isn't throwing tantrums as bad as you all described, but he's definitely getting more upset about being redirected, having something taken away, and the worst, changing his diaper. You'd think we were torturing him on that changing table!
  • Yep! He has had little meltdowns when I pick him up from daycare now when he is playing with other babies which is completly foreign to me. He has also been crying now when someone new comes around acting shy. Guess it's all a new stage. No doesn't seem to do anything yet. He will smile at us and do whatever he is not suppose to be doing anyways. So hard to keep a straight face.  

image imageimage

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

• image mcgeeva:
    Yep! He has had little meltdowns when I pick him up from daycare now when he is playing with other babies which is completly foreign to me. He has also been crying now when someone new comes around acting shy. Guess it's all a new stage. No doesn't seem to do anything yet. He will smile at us and do whatever he is not suppose to be doing anyways. So hard to keep a straight face.  

My LO does the shy thing too. He buries his face in my chest when someone new comes around and then peeks out. It's so cute!

image image

• My LO likes feeding himself but I don't always just feed him finger foods so maybe that's why he's been hitting the spoon and throwing a fit at every meal! Guess I'll have to sneak in bites of food between finger foods. I can't figure out WHY he hits the spoon and screams every time I feed him! It's very frustrating and has been going on for like 3 weeks!

image image