Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Sex...finally

It has been 13 weeks since baby girl was born and my husband has been too freaked out by the idea of having sex. He has been saying he doesn't want to with her in the same room, but he refuses to let he be alone even in the next room while she sleeps. Last night when he came to bed around 2am I was awake because I had just put her back down to sleep after a feeding. He said he wanted to if I was awake enough. I was like " I will wake up for that!" It was a little painful at first but quickly started to feel good again. It was wonderful to have intimacy again.

Anyone else wait close to this long, or still waiting??

Re: Sex...finally

• Party!!! good for you!

We lasted all of 4 weeks before we tried it out. Even having a c-section, it was weird and uncomfortable. It took a couple of weeks to feel normal. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • image brandyleighxx:

Party!!! good for you!

We lasted all of 4 weeks before we tried it out. Even having a c-section, it was weird and uncomfortable. It took a couple of weeks to feel normal. 

This exactly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My LO is 13 weeks, and we are still waiting. My DH has been "interested" for quite some time, but I have no interest. I am terrified that it will hurt, and I have zero desires for such things. We were considering it last night after putting LO to bed, but he woke up just in time to stop us from even getting started. My LO is really hard to put to bed at night, so that hasn't helped the situation at all either. I am in no hurry, but I am sure DH would like to give it a try... very soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image celinajo1985:

It has been 13 weeks since baby girl was born and my husband has been too freaked out by the idea of having sex. He has been saying he doesn't want to with her in the same room, but he refuses to let he be alone even in the next room while she sleeps. Last night when he came to bed around 2am I was awake because I had just put her back down to sleep after a feeding. He said he wanted to if I was awake enough. I was like " I will wake up for that!" It was a little painful at first but quickly started to feel good again. It was wonderful to have intimacy again.

Anyone else wait close to this long, or still waiting??

All I know was that it was 10 long weeks for us after the baby was born until we became intimate again.  To be honest, I think it was more difficult for my wife to wait then it was for me.  Between work, school and the baby, I was simply too exhausted most nights.  She was home all day every day for 5+ months, so she became pretty impatient. 

But that first time.....fireworks!!!  Now when the boy sleeps, and we have energy, it is like we are dating again when it comes to us fooling around.  Pretty awesome for both of us.

• Just a bit of encouragement...Our first time post-baby was actually pretty good. Yes, it was a bit uncomfortable but it started to feel good about halfway through. Start very slowly and make sure you're very relaxed and ready. Have some wine to loosen up a bit if that helps. After having this baby together it seems like our connection and love is much stronger now and has actually made us more attracted to each other. I would say, after the first couple times, our sex life is actually better than before. Go for it ladies!
  • We waited about 14 weeks...between the nervousness and the fact that our LO would only sleep between the two of us, I'm surprised it happened at all. But we are slowly but surely starting to get back in the game. Congrats!
  • No the day I got cleared to have sex again by my OBGYN my husband was ready to go lol. It was really uncomfortable for about 3 1/2 to 4 months PP for some reason in the beginning but then would be fine afterwards. I didnt understand why it would be uncomfortable every time we would go to do it since I had a c section. My LO is just about 5 months now and I dont have any more discomfort when we do it.
  • image christine6980:
    image brandyleighxx:

Party!!! good for you!

This exactly!

same for us!

• I'M STILL WAITING!  ugh.  I have been having issues with healing after my vaginal birth.  I gave birth back in October!!!  It's been almost 4 months now and I'm feeling so much better, but I'm having to have weekly treatments of silver nitrate down there so that my episiotomy will heal up.  And I'm so worried that once I'm healed, it will hurt to be intimate again.  But I'm thinking it will be a full 5-6 months before we even start trying.  Can you believe that?  1/2 a year!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards