Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Gross question

Why does my 5 month old eat her boogers? She is snotty because of reflux so she's always chewing on her hands but they have boogers on them! It makes me gag, watching her chomp on her booger hands. What can I do?
ReEJ0_zps6dd84224-1_zps84bb6de7 photo ReEJ0_zps6dd84224-1_zps84bb6de7.jpg photo f42.jpg photo grumpy-cat-christmas-meme-5.jpg
                                    Tessa: 10/28/10                    Nora 8/30/12                            Reid 8/6/14

Re: Gross question

• For the 5 month old? Just wipe her nose and hands more frequently. My concern is the toddler who realizes her nose is dripping and starts licking it with her tongue. Sigh....
    imageimage
    imageimageimage
    AngelSmitty: This reminds me of something my college Human Sexuality professor used to say in class.  "Sex is between the legs.  Gender is between the ears."
  • image MandJS:
    For the 5 month old? Just wipe her nose and hands more frequently. My concern is the toddler who realizes her nose is dripping and starts licking it with her tongue. Sigh....

Ugh, my toddler does that too.

It seems like no matter what I do, I can't keep her nose from running and her hands out of her mouth. Her poor chin is chapped from all the drooling and hand chewing.

ReEJ0_zps6dd84224-1_zps84bb6de7 photo ReEJ0_zps6dd84224-1_zps84bb6de7.jpg photo f42.jpg photo grumpy-cat-christmas-meme-5.jpg
                                        Tessa: 10/28/10                    Nora 8/30/12                            Reid 8/6/14
  • I hear that snot is salty and infants (unfortunately) often like the taste of it. As far as what to do to get them from stop eating it...I am uncertain. I guess just do your best to keep the snot at bay and some hand/face wiped near by to clean their hands often?? 

Good luck! 

• image LoisLane23:

image MandJS:
    For the 5 month old? Just wipe her nose and hands more frequently. My concern is the toddler who realizes her nose is dripping and starts licking it with her tongue. Sigh....

Ugh, my toddler does that too.

It seems like no matter what I do, I can't keep her nose from running and her hands out of her mouth. Her poor chin is chapped from all the drooling and hand chewing.

Meh. Just let it be. Just remind yourself - the stuff in their nose is the same as the stuff in their mouths. That's why you use the same suction for both when they are itty bitty. 

Besides. It will be a great story to tell future boyfriends. Wink 

imageimage
    imageimageimage
    AngelSmitty: This reminds me of something my college Human Sexuality professor used to say in class.  "Sex is between the legs.  Gender is between the ears."
  • You realize we all eat our boogers when our snot drips down the back of our throats.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards