June 2013 Moms

Placenta

So I just got a call and they told me that my placenta is low and now I'm freaking out

Re: Placenta

• I dont have experience with a low placenta. I had a low uterus though.

Did the doc say it will correct itself? Do you need to do anything? What did they say?
  • I had a low lying placenta with DD#1.  It moved by 28 weeks.  Did they tell you how low or if it is partial or complete previa?
    Formerly Photocat82, but the bump is fabulous and I somehow ended up with a corrupted account. image Adventures in Randomness Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had partial previa with my daughter and it did move well before my due date.  Nothing to worry about yet.
    Riley 12/24/08 Pregnancy Ticker
  • image MamaW82:
    I had a low lying placenta with DD#1.  It moved by 28 weeks.  Did they tell you how low or if it is partial or complete previa?

Same here.  I was on light duty (no heavy lifting, pelvic rest) for 6-8 weeks.  By the time of my follow-up, the placenta had migrated clear of my cervix.  

Try not to worry too much between now and your follow up u/s.  I know that's easier said than done, but there is a very good chance the issue will correct itself.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • They just said it was low and Pavic rest for four to six weeks
  • I have a complete Previa and they think it will move.  No need to worry at this point.  They won't put you high risk unless it still hasn't moved at 30 weeks. 
  • image Wezzy13:
    They just said it was low and Pavic rest for four to six weeks

I have a low lying placenta, 1.5 centimeters from the cervix as of my ultrasound 3 weeks ago. Doctor put my on pelvic rest and told me to take it easy, but she said it will 100% move up as the uterus expands, probably by my next ultrasound at 24 weeks, at which point she'll lake me off of pelvic rest.

Seriously, its not a big deal, just take it easy for a few weeks, and before you know it the placenta will have moved up.  

Baby Llama was born June 19, 2013. 

• At my 12 week ultrasound, I had a low-lying placenta too and was put on pelvic rest. At my 20 week ultrasound, the placenta had moved up a bit and I was taken off pelvic rest. There is still time for it to move, so don't freak out yet!
  • At my 11 week ultrasound, they told me I had placenta previa. At my 20 week scan, they said the placenta moved up. Don't worry, there is still lots of time for your placenta to move up!

• Don't freak out yet. I was told at my 16 u/s that my placenta was low but they weren't ready to diagnos previa. I was also told 98% of low placentas move up on their own. I have another u/s in a few weeks at 24 weeks and they will keep repeating to monitor if it hasn't.

I was told to "take it easy"...no heavy lifting, no exercising, no jumping or another strenuous activity. I was also told it was a good sign that I hadn't had any spotting.  

BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards