Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

7 1/2 month old refusing to sleep... HELP!!

My husband and I are at our wits end at the moment, so I hope someone can help!

Since he was about 6 weeks old, we have had a consistent bedtime routine with our son. Bath, book, bottle, bed... and he has been great with it. Nothing has changed recently, he's been in his own room from 3 months, and we started solids a couple of months ago. He started crawling/pulling himself up at the beginning of the month. He doesn't seem to have separation anxiety, as he is fine if we leave the room. He may be teething, but he would still fall asleep when he got his first two.

For the last 5 days, he has been fighting sleep every time he needs to go down (naps & bedtime). He will throw a fit and scream (no tears), even though he is yawning and rubbing his eyes. The only way we have been able to get him to sleep is to bounce with him in our arms (for 20 minutes or more), or push him back and forth in the stroller in our house. Unfortunately, that doesn't always mean that when he is transferred to his bed, that he will stay asleep, as he usually wakes up when we put him in the crib (and stands at the edge whining/screaming). His whole daily routine is off, and it's now 4:30am, and I've been up for 3 hours with him, it's like he's reverted to being a newborn! What can we do? Please help! Thanks in advance!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 7 1/2 month old refusing to sleep... HELP!!

• Options
    We put a nightlight in Ariannas bedroom..that helps so when she wakes up she dosent freak out. Shes 8.5 months. We have a sleep sheep that plays white noise she loves it. Also lavender nighttime lotion is a necessity. Try to wake him and feed him and put him down for nap and such at the same time every day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have no advice just sympathy! Our LO is the same age and so unpredictable in his sleep. He'll sleep great for a week or two and then horrible for a while. They're just growing and changing so much right now that I think it's hard on them.

BabyFruit Ticker
    image imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went through the same thing for almost a month a couple weeks ago.  I believe it was due to our DD going through a "mental leap."  Look into "the wonder weeks" (they have a pretty good app that I use instead of getting the book).  Other than that, hang in there, it's probably just a phase!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"