2nd Trimester

Baby Names- Giving up

Any one else getting nowhere with names?  We a have a girls name left over from DS but used our two favourite boys names the first time around.  DH and I can't agree on anything for a boy so we've decided to call it quits at 21 weeks and just wait to discuss things until the baby is born. 
Lilypie - (L4SA)
Lilypie - (I4o1)

Re: Baby Names- Giving up

• We have an ongoing list that we revisit and discuss every so often. But we won't decide until baby gets here. :)
    Wyatt 9/6/2011 Tessa 7/5/2013
  • We had a list of girls names and were just kind of 'meh' to all the names (if it's a boy we are naming it after my late grandfather, so that makes it easy). Then one day, as I was reading a blog, I came across the most perfect baby girl name. We will be using this name if LO is a girl. :) Once we stopped stressing about it and not thinking about it, we were able to find the perfect name!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• We just started seriously working on names. We had an ultrasound last week and found out the gender. I know a lot of people say you can plan and plan, and pick a name, but then when the baby is born, you may choose a completely different name.

But we have taken the approach of going through a book of names and the names on this site and selecting the ones we like (sound/meaning), put them in an excel file, then we went through and each put a 'preference' scale to each name, found ones that matched, of those we figured out which we felt would be good first, then middle names, then we tried different combinations. Then again we individually went through and 'graded' the names, saw which ones matched, we went from 58 name combinations to about 20 ish and this is just over the span of the last few days.

Of course, there's still another 5-6 months of pregnancy left, who's to say any work we've done now will remain :-p

Lisa 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have ours set, but my best advice to you would be to just keep your ears and minds open.  You may hear a name in a store or a TV show that you really like and then voila!  You have your name!

But there's nothing wrong with waiting to meet your LO to pick out a name!

Janine & Cody | Georgetown, Grand Cayman | Feb. 28th, 2012

Surprise BFP November 2013 | Barrett "Bear" Born July 15th, 2013

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I believe in a lot of things. I believe in fresh tennis balls, the healing power of bunnies, and that the novels of Susan Sontag are something I'll never read. In fact, I don't even know who Susan Sontag is. What is she... like... a painter? I believe in Crystal Lite because I believe in ME. I believe in the movies of Val Kilmer, though these days it ain't so easy. I believe in Darren Sproles, the word "dabble", the first season of "Silk Stockings", and big, warm, moist, gooey chocolate chip cookies that melt in your mouth and all over your face.

• DS didn't have a name until he was 2 days old.  I feel like we have more agreement this time, and since we are team green we have 2 names for each that we both like and will see what we feel when they get here.  It could all change though and more could get added/taken from the list.
  • Yep.  Same here.  DS has a very unusual Greek name.  We will never find a decent sib-set, unless we stick with Greek names, but I don't really like any other Greek names.  DH has one picked, and I kind of like it, but I hate the meaning. Blech. True story, though, DH and I weren't positive about his name until after DS was born, so I'm not holding out hope....
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple" 8/30/12 ~ EDD 5/15/12 ~ Stick, baby, stick! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We are team green and sometimes feel like we are having twins because of the necessity of choosing a boy and girl's name. The girl name just cocked right away. The boys name has been more difficult. I really liked a very unique name and hubby was on the fence. I just let go and figured it would all work out.

My brother came to visit and asked about names and my hubby mentioned that we will prolly be choosing my preferred boy name. I was psyched so our names just kinda feel into place.

Good Luck with the name game as we call it. 

• Assign a name for each day around the due date. 
  • image watermelon mom:
    Yep.  Same here.  DS has a very unusual Greek name.  We will never find a decent sib-set, unless we stick with Greek names, but I don't really like any other Greek names.  DH has one picked, and I kind of like it, but I hate the meaning. Blech. True story, though, DH and I weren't positive about his name until after DS was born, so I'm not holding out hope....

What is DS's name? We have greek names picked out for our boy and girl name, but love hearing other greek options!