Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Recomend your car seat around or under $200

Looking for a convertable car seat for Grandma's car that will only be used on occasion so I'd prefer not to spend a fortune (however, safety is important of course). Can you recommend a car seat around or less than $200?

My baby bargains book is out on loan - I'd even love to hear if you have their recommendation. Thought they had a section for "good enough for grandma" or something like that!

THANK YOU!

Re: Recomend your car seat around or under $200

• we have the Evenflo tribute as a 2nd carseat. it was 60. small, easy to install, and DS seems comfortable in it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the Evenflo Symphony 65 E3, I think it was around $180. 
    After 2years TTC and 1yr,2mo waiting for an adoption match, our blessing is here!

"You may not have my eyes or smile, but from that very first moment you had my heart"Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Surprise BFP made our family complete!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We like our Evenflo Symphony.  I got it around $165 with a BRU 20% off coupon.
    photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Safety 1st Guide 65. It is around $78 and will get most kids to a safe booster age around 5-6. The Symphony is an ok seat, but it won't get most kids past 2 rear-facing, and it pretty much outgrown around 6 anyway, so you'd still have to buy another booster seat.

Edit to clarify: You'd obviously have to buy a booster later with the Guide65 too, but a lot of people flock to the Symphony because they think it will be their last seat which isn't true.

I didn't recommend Graco only because the buckles can be extremely hard to get open these days, which could obviously be a concern if it is grandma/grandpa buckling and unbuckling. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We have the Graco Myride 65. It's nice, but it's huge so if you're looking for more compact- I'd consider the other options above. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSuperCuteBenz:

Safety 1st Guide 65. It is around $78 and will get most kids to a safe booster age around 5-6. The Symphony is an ok seat, but it won't get most kids past 2 rear-facing, and it pretty much outgrown around 6 anyway, so you'd still have to buy another booster seat.

Edit to clarify: You'd obviously have to buy a booster later with the Guide65 too, but a lot of people flock to the Symphony because they think it will be their last seat which isn't true.

I didn't recommend Graco only because the buckles can be extremely hard to get open these days, which could obviously be a concern if it is grandma/grandpa buckling and unbuckling. 

We use the Guide 65 as well.  Works just as good as any other seat, and over half the price!   

Anniversary

• imagemeg_2006:
    imageSuperCuteBenz:

Safety 1st Guide 65. It is around $78 and will get most kids to a safe booster age around 5-6. The Symphony is an ok seat, but it won't get most kids past 2 rear-facing, and it pretty much outgrown around 6 anyway, so you'd still have to buy another booster seat.

We use the Guide 65 as well.  Works just as good as any other seat, and over half the price!   

Just bought this for the grandparents car, also. The few reviews in found were positive. I did a lot of research and this seat seems like a great deal.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • graco my ride 65.

• imagedrpayne:
    imagemeg_2006:
    imageSuperCuteBenz:

Just bought this for the grandparents car, also. The few reviews in found were positive. I did a lot of research and this seat seems like a great deal.

The Guide 65 is our main seat and it has been great. The only car I've had problems installing it in is an Acura TL (but I think any seat would be tough to get in that car based on how the LATCH anchors are positioned). It has worked great RF-ing in a Ford Focus, VW Golf, Nissan Sentra and Mazda 3.

• imageMrs Castillo:
    We have the Graco Myride 65. It's nice, but it's huge so if you're looking for more compact- I'd consider the other options above. 

I second this. My DD loves her carseat. I have a small car and it fits ok, but I did read may reviews voicing this concern. If you decide to try this carseat just make sure the store has a good return policy.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We have the Safety first complete air 65. We use one as our main and just the past week bought a second for our spare because we love it so much.  We have a subaru legacy'08 which is quite small and it fits, but currently we can keep it in it's highest reclined rear facing position. In a smaller/infant position it can take up quite a lot of room. JMO! lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"