Babies: 6 - 9 Months

7 mo old has runny nose (cold) & not much of an appetite

Anyone with experience please reply.

He just has a runny nose and not much of an appetite. He's on solids and BF but hasn't taken much of either today. Has had a bit of a runny nose for a few days. I think he got it from me, I had a cold for 2-3 days but is now gone :( Bad mama! 

No fever, not much fussiness, eyes are clear, a little extra tired and doesn't want any solids and much less BF than normal.  

We're using the saline solution to clear his nose and then using the blue bulb to pull it all out.

I'm wondering if the lack of appetite usual?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 7 mo old has runny nose (cold) & not much of an appetite

• Most babies find it difficult to nurse while their nose is stuffy because they breathe out of their nose while they're nursing.

I would try a bottle and see if that helps.
  • Our almost 9mth old is just getting over a bad cold and he wasn't hungry for days. He was still drinking enough formula to stay hydrated but just yesterday he didn't want to have anything to do with eating. Today he's a new person. I think it just takes time for their little noses to be all clear.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We've been using Baby Vicks, and it seems to have helped with DS's stuffiness.

• Thank you guys.. I will def. try the Baby vicks!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS was this way last week. I think he got his cold from our Trip to Florida (airport, visiting Granparents...just too much on him).

We put vicks on DS's feet at night, but also try a steam shower or put him in the bath then use little noses drops and then suck out his nose. He probably won't like it much but it helps.

GL! It will pass and when it does his appetite should return to normal. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"