October 2011 Moms

10 dollar a day habit. In pouches.

Slight exaggeration, but only slight.

Who else's kid was a pouch junkie? I swear, a coke and whore habit might be cheaper at this rate.

This picky eater can leave my house as soon as he came in, TYVM. I want my baby who would eat everything, back. TIA.
July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Re: 10 dollar a day habit. In pouches.

• DS loves them.  They are how I get veggies into him lately because I can't cook until my arm is better and DH doesn't cook well.  We go through 2 a meal.  It's crazy.  It is basically a $10 a day habit. Is it true that you can buy reusable ones?  Because I have a baby bullet still in the box....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a love/hate relationship with pouches. My 1 year old does really good with them, and she definitely goes through a couple of them a day. She loves them and is slightly addicted. I think it's partially because she's terrible with a fork/spoon and likes to feel like a big girl feeding herself. However, they're expensive! Also my 4 year old gets jealous that she doesn't get them and throws tantrums that it's not fair. She was perfectly happy with her cups of fruit and applesauce until the pouches came along. You know because "mommm, the regular cups aren't cute and fun!"
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSammyMae:
    DS loves them. nbsp;They are how I get veggies into him lately because I can't cook until my arm is better and DH doesn't cook well. nbsp;We go through 2 a meal. nbsp;It's crazy. nbsp;It is basically a 10 a day habit. Is it true that you can buy reusable ones? nbsp;Because I have a baby bullet still in the box....

I've seen refillable ones at Walmart for around 6 dollars. If only I weren't so lazy...
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• I bought the pouch maker, and we love it! They aren't reusable, but it costs a lot less. You can also make a big batch, freeze some for up to 2 months, and keep some in your fridge for up to two days.

imageimage
    Parenting Floozie Brigades official motto:  We welcome to you the board with open legs.  Also, open beers. ~@cinemagoddess

• This is why we bought the Infantino Fresh Squeezed Fill Station. It's AMAZING!! My kids both eat pouches everyday. I'm still trying to get my hands on the reusable one but for now I rinse the disposable ones out with soap reuse them 1 time before throwing them out. They are way cheaper! It's like $15 for a box that lasts us over 2 months if I reuse them 1 time. The filler station was only $25. I bought it I'm September and use it practically everyday. I put their yogurt in them because its so much cleaner! 

• Hmmmm....Edison hates them and I've always wanted him to like them.  I guess That's a good thing then.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am with Rox. I would love Alastair to like them but he just likes squishing them. There is not much eating involved. Which sucks.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I oly keep pouches in the diaper bag for a quick snack on the go.  She gets so excited when I pull one out.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • I just got some Little Green Pouches and they are awesome!  They seem like they will last a while.  I've been putting yogurt in them and it is completely mess-free!  Score!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup, she goes through 5 or 6 a day.  TRU often has 15 pouches for $15 deals, when they do, I buy 80-100!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageSammy-Mae:
    DS loves them.  They are how I get veggies into him lately because I can't cook until my arm is better and DH doesn't cook well.  We go through 2 a meal.  It's crazy.  It is basically a $10 a day habit. Is it true that you can buy reusable ones?  Because I have a baby bullet still in the box....

The Beaba Babypote.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Ugh, DS will NOT eat table foods so I thought I'd try the pouches to promote independent feeding.  Since I now know that pouches are toddler crack, I need to rethink my plan!
    Married 08.19.06 ~ DS 9.30.11 ~ Baby #2 EDD 11.28.18

• When Amelia is sick or teething, the only thing she'll eat is pouches. Otherwise, she's fine going without.

I always get the Plum Organics from TRU/BRU. They are always on 15/$15 for 20/$20. I haven't found a better price.  

• "Hello, my name is Rocco and I am a pouch addict"

• We just discovered the pouch this weekend. It is a curse and a blessing as she is now refusing to eat anything except Puffs and the pouch. However, these suckers are expensive!!

I think it might be time to see if Costco carries them.

My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • imageVeilSdeGTO:

We just discovered the pouch this weekend. It is a curse and a blessing as she is now refusing to eat anything except Puffs and the pouch. However, these suckers are expensive!!

I think it might be time to see if Costco carries them.

They only have the apple sauce ones.

• imageLiz4444:
    Yup, she goes through 5 or 6 a day.  TRU often has 15 pouches for $15 deals, when they do, I buy 80-100!

Pavillions (sister store to Safeway or Vons) had them for .79 each. They were the Mom To Mom brand. We bought close to 20 of them.

My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • imageNita2603:
    I am with Rox. I would love Alastair to like them but he just likes squishing them. There is not much eating involved. Which sucks.

This is what Gabby does as well. She either just squishes it around or likes to squirt the food everywhere.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"