I had my 36 week appointment yesterday. After that I had a NST with the high risk doc. At the end of that appointment, the high risk doc came in and said that when it comes to chronic high blood pressure, once you reach 37 weeks it's time for baby to come out. Yesterday was 36 weeks, 6 days. Today is 37 weeks. So he told me I was going upstairs for an induction.
Over 19 hours of pitocin later, I was still at 1 cm dilated. So I'm now off pitocin and have had a balloon put in. There's two tubes, one on the inside of the cervix and one on the outside. The balloons are filled with fluid so they squeeze the cervix to make it thin and encourage dilation. The nurse told me she's seen this process used twice and both times it brought on labor.
There's talk of breaking my water and putting a scalp node on the baby's head to monitor (LO is being a punk and hiding from the external monitor a lot). I want an epidural, but very much want to wait until labor has really started. The last thing I want is to get the epi and then have labor completely stall.
I'm excited because I've been having this need to hold LO. But bummed because M and D turn 2 tomorrow. Their family party is cancelled, and now they will either have to share their b-day with LO (should he take his sweet time and wait until tomorrow) or just have their b-days one right after the other. I feel bad about it. It's bad enough the twins have to share a b-day with each other, now they have to split the "glory" three ways. And all one month after Christmas!! Bah.
I tried taking a shower to "jumpstart" labor but it only stalled it. I asked to walk but because of my BP, they want me just resting in the bed. That's why we went the balloon route - I just want this labor to start progressing!! My back aches from laying around all day. I got 2 hours of sleep last night because of contractions and the nurse constantly having to come in and try to find LO on the monitor again. I'm so tired, but know I need to conserve my energy for real labor.
Hoping to meet LO soon!!