August 2012 Moms

Not a "kid" person.

I have alot of anxiety about DS growing up mostly because I feel like I won't know how to be a mom to an older kid. I'm a baby person and I love toddlers but I feel uncomfortable around older kids. I nannied for a 6 year old and almost lost my mind because I was used to babies. It's different when it's your own right? Hopefully? This is probably pointless but it felt good to get it out.
photo 29281527-5f25-4079-b7fb-929170940697_zps92a0a787.jpg
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not a "kid" person.

• It is different and you will learn how to parent each stage as it comes. You will do great! Plus, when it's somebody else's kid you don't know them the same way. I am afraid of DD's teen years even though I taught high school for 10 years!
    BFP #1 5/16/11 - M/C 5/20/11 BFP #2 7/26/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 7/28/11 BFP #3 8/31/11 - Chemical Pregnancy 9/10/11 (Worst Birthday Ever!!) BFP #4 12/3/11 DD born 8/13 Perfect in every way!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's much different when it's your own kid. You'll get the hang of it! 
    m/c 2013
  • I teach high school on purpose. I don't connect well with younger kids. I truly think I'll be better with DS since he's my own. Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. ::smiley face::

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image MandaKay:
    I teach high school on purpose. I don't connect well with younger kids. I truly think I'll be better with DS since he's my own. Glad I'm not the only one feeling this way. ::smiley face::

Yep. This is me. But I seem to do fine with DD.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a toddler person, I know your feeling but I feel like it will be different with my own.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicPhotobucket
  • I'm not a baby person, and I always pictured DD older when I was pregnant. With that, I've learned the ropes and love DD. I definitely agree it's different when your own.
    Photobucket
  • image WhimsyGirl14:
    I'm not a baby person, and I always pictured DD older when I was pregnant. With that, I've learned the ropes and love DD. I definitely agree it's different when your own.

This is me. I am not a baby person. I couldn't wait until DD was old enough to really play with and take places she'll actually remember. I loved when she was a squishy baby though and i sometimes look at her and see the gummy smile and pig tail sprouts. I am enjoying DSs baby phase because I know he's our last one. But I still find myself wanting him to be older so we can really play!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It is 100 percent different when it's your own.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog