June 2013 Moms

The double stroller dilemma!

Ok ladies, for those of you with 2u2, what are your thoughts on double strollers? We are city dwellers, take public transport, travel a lot (train and plane), and, to further complicate life, I hate the Phil and Teds and britax b-dual cause they are literally one on top of the other.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: The double stroller dilemma!

• We ended up getting two...a side bty side jogging stroller schwinn middle of the road for price and we loooove it. Also have the front and back Graco that we could put the infant seat in in the infant stage. We still use both depending on where we're going. Jogging for obviously exercising and things like the zoo, and Graco for shopping double jogging doesn't fit through most doors!

ETA: Sorry for all grammatical errors! Mobile bumping!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have the City Select and love it as a double stroller.  The seats are both full size and there are lots of different seating options.
    Formerly Photocat82, but the bump is fabulous and I somehow ended up with a corrupted account. imageAdventures in Randomness Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just bought the Contours Options LT tandem double stroller. A friend of mine had the older version and loved it, plus a great price! It's really light, only 33lbs and the seats come on and off and can face any direction.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • imageMamaW82:
    I have the City Select and love it as a double stroller.nbsp; The seats are both full size and there are lots of different seating options.

Loved the City Select, but just couldn't justify the price... 600! I suppose the Contours Options LT or Optima are the poor mans City Select haha

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • We are getting the b agile double for the convenience and ease of folding. I don't like that you have to take the seats off the select to fold it and I don't want kids fighting over who has to sit on the back and can't see

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

• Baby wearing! That's my take on strollers lol. We're skipping a double, they're just too big for us. We don't have enough room in our car or in our apartment. We'll be going with lots of baby wearing and doing an infant seat with a frame and possibly a new chicco liteway.
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• imageMamaW82:
    I have the City Select and love it as a double stroller.nbsp; The seats are both full size and there are lots of different seating options.

Same here. I purchased it as my single because I knew it converted the way I wanted to. I can also do light grocery shopping with it because the basket underneath is really roomy.
    I will probably baby wear and use an umbrella stroller when we visit bigger cities and use public transport though.

• We have the Bob revolution dullie for jogging and most outdoor events. And then I either baby wear or we use two cheap umbrellas. We have clips that connect them if need be. I don't normally carry the diaper bag unless we'll be out all day, so not having a basket on the umbrella isn't a big deal.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageclizh:
    Baby wearing! That's my take on strollers lol. We're skipping a double, they're just too big for us. We don't have enough room in our car or in our apartment. We'll be going with lots of baby wearing and doing an infant seat with a frame and possibly a new chicco liteway.

Generally, I agree, but being traveling city dwellers, a probable RCS mama and having a DH who isn't a fan of baby wearing, means a double stroller is inevitable.
  • My daughter will be 2 1/2 when I have #2, I bought the City Mini double
  • I got mine used for $475 for both seats.
    Formerly Photocat82, but the bump is fabulous and I somehow ended up with a corrupted account. imageAdventures in Randomness Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We have a double jogger instep that I love for our outings - when we are just OUTSIDE! Forget about trying to fit in doorways or indoor spaces. We are looking at the Graco Ready2Grow for our indoor excursions. My son will be just over 3 years old (he turns 3 in May) but he is a runner and I am not sure I will want to have to chase him! :) This stroller gives him the option of riding when his legs get tired too, which is a bonus! And its lighter than our jogger. The Graco Ready2Grow is a different kind of stadium seated tandem, and I like that! Otherwise I would end up spending A LOT on a different style/brand. But this one gave us compromise because hubby didn't want to spend so much $$ and I didn't want to struggle with a double jogger by myself!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Everyone recommended a side by side double. I got a Zooper Tango off Craigslist and just bought a City Mini double with the Amazon Mom promo to get 100 off!
  • Even though this is our first, we know we would like 2 children - so we are getting the City Select...it has great reviews and after checking it out, we LOVE it. It is a fantastic stroller and I love that when we do have a second, we don't have to buy another stroller, just the second seat.

It is pricey, however if you do the calculations for buying two strollers, etc...you will spend more money upfront now, but in the long run, it ends up being the same (well here in Canada it does).

Good luck with your decision!

BabyFetus Ticker

• I have a sit and stand. I may buy the jump seat for our peg perego skate, but dd doesn't really love the stroller anyway so ill wait and see. I did buy a second ergo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"