February 2012 Moms

Bedtime Vent

Nat has been sick all week with the stomach flu. She is finally feeling better but refuses to sleep in her crib! She could be out cold and as soon as her head touches the mattress she is up crying. This happened last night, naptime, and now tonight. When she was sick she slept with us because she had a hard time wanting to nurse and puking and the up crying...we've had a horrible week with less sleep than when she was a newborn. And now she's almost refusing to nap at all! I couldn't get her down for her first nap until 1:30p.

Argh! I am so done with this craziness! Someone tell me this will get better...

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bedtime Vent

• Could she possibly have an ear infection?  She may hurt when she lays down in her crib.  After Lyla had the stomach flu she got an ear infection.  We raised her mattress on one end and have left it that way ever since.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    3month11
  • image hayliedc:
    Could she possibly have an ear infection? nbsp;She may hurt when she lays down in her crib. nbsp;After Lyla had the stomach flu she got an ear infection. nbsp;We raised her mattress on one end and have left it that way ever since.nbsp;
    Really?? We haven't dealt with ear infections before and she's been the most comfortable in a reclined position. We see our pediatrician on Monday so maybe I will ask unless this gets worse.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I agree that it could be an ear infection. Hope she sleeps better soon!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• image pinkshades05:
    image hayliedc:
    Could she possibly have an ear infection? nbsp;She may hurt when she lays down in her crib. nbsp;After Lyla had the stomach flu she got an ear infection. nbsp;We raised her mattress on one end and have left it that way ever since.nbsp;
    Really?? We haven't dealt with ear infections before and she's been the most comfortable in a reclined position. We see our pediatrician on Monday so maybe I will ask unless this gets worse.

Definitely check out the ear infection possibility with your ped. Both times Aria has had an ear infection, the only symptom she's had is freaking out if you laid her flat. (reclining was ok, as long as her head was still a little elevated. She went BSC if you laid her down flat though) She had no fever, didn't tug at her ears, nothing. 

I hope things get better soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.