May 2013 Moms

Homemade Nursing Tanks Idea

Thought this was super clever and from some of the nursing tanks I've seen they can get super expensive. I'd like to try this and see if it works! 

http://refashionmama.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/refashion-tank-top-to-nursing-tank/ 

Sorry It won't let me make a clicky. =( 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Homemade Nursing Tanks Idea

• It's pretty much a homemade version of the Undercover Mama... 

http://undercovermama.com/ ;

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • I didn't follow the link, but I mainly hated nursing tanks in the summer. They are great when I'd wear them as a layer, but by themselves the ones I had looked terrible. The straps are wider and the clips make it super obvious that they are not fashionable clothes. On me they tended to try to flatten my boobs but then the top had no structure around the midsection, so that makes a really unflattering silhouette. So, if this idea modifies a shirt that you would normally like, I think that would be a thousand times better. Maybe I do need to check that out.
  • Ok, I looked, and the end result isn't anything that you can wear by itself. If I would have to wear a second sleeveless shirt over it, especially in the summer in the south, that defeats the point for me. Tanks are only like 12 at Target, and there are coupons all the time in registry stuff or that I get in the mail.
  • image BeckyTheEngineer:
    Ok, I looked, and the end result isn't anything that you can wear by itself. If I would have to wear a second sleeveless shirt over it, especially in the summer in the south, that defeats the point for me. Tanks are only like 12 at Target, and there are coupons all the time in registry stuff or that I get in the mail.

It's meant to be a layering piece, so that when you pull your top shirt up your stomach and sides aren't exposed. I could never wear my regular nursing tanks by themselves, I would feel awkward. 

OP thanks for sharing that tutorial!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for sharing.  I'll have to keep my eyes out for some cheap camis!

• image BeckyTheEngineer:
    Ok, I looked, and the end result isn't anything that you can wear by itself. If I would have to wear a second sleeveless shirt over it, especially in the summer in the south, that defeats the point for me. Tanks are only like 12 at Target, and there are coupons all the time in registry stuff or that I get in the mail.
    Uhhhh.  I would never wear a nursing tank alone and don't believe that is their purpose.  Ladies?  What do you think? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wore mine in the beginning and at night. I usually wore my maternity tanks over a nursing bra going out. My maternity tanks are super stretchy and awesome.

I am definitely in the "I don't care if you see my boobs, but no one gets to see my post baby belly" camp.

• image hogrefea:
    image BeckyTheEngineer:
    Uhhhh.  I would never wear a nursing tank alone and don't believe that is their purpose.  Ladies?  What do you think? 

I never wore mine alone out in public, but I would around the house and to sleep. I was hopeful there was such a thing as a non hideous tank that I could wear by itself that want a hassle to nurse in. I'd ordinarily wear tank tops where I live on weekends in the summer, so I would like if I had that option.