5 Weeks Pregnant

5 weeks today and excited but scared!

Hi everyone, my husband I recently were married in December. We found out last Friday morning we were pregnant. Today marks 5w0d. I just made a appointment with a OB for Feb7th. It basically puts us then right at 7w. The scary part is I have had three previous miscarriages roughly 4 years ago to 5 years.  Two with no heartbeat and lost very early >7wks. Then one with a heartbeat and lost at 8wks. They were all with a ex. He now has a healthy baby girl with his new wife. 

We are not trying to get to excited  just yet until we hear a heartbeat. I am having mild symptoms of nausea, very light cramping (most likely uterus moving), very sore breasts and just tired. Although I could eat everything in sight....

I quit smoking and drinking two  months ago so that is a postive and have cut down on my coffee to one cup a day. Anyone else have had this similar situation?

Nerves... thanks! 

Re: 5 weeks today and excited but scared!

• Congrats on your marriage and on the pregnancy!

I am having some of the same fears as you are.  This is my second marriage (just married in October) and I have two teenage daughters.

My last pregnancy was with my ex-husband in 2000 which ended with my daughter passing away at 20 weeks and I had to deliver her.  I am so excited to be pregnant and my husband is too but I am so scared that something is going to happen that I haven't even told my best friend.  I'm 36 and also have a small brain tumor that effects my prolactin levels so until I see my Dr. (on the 6th actually!) I keep obsessing that something is going to go wrong. I'm so happy to be experiencing the symptoms (the girls are really sore and I too am just STARVING) because it makes me believe that this is real and that it will be ok. 

Good for you with the quitting smoking!  I'm not a smoker so I am sure that is hard.  I know that seeing everyone having a glass of wine at dinner is making me kinda sad especially since I can't tell anyone why I'm not!

I wish the best to you and your growing family and hope to hear good things from you after your doctor appointment!

Jennefer 

• Good luck to both of you. I'm 5 weeks and one day. Keep having pain in what feels like my right Fallopian tube. Weird??
    TheKnot.com
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemariellern:
    Good luck to both of you. I'm 5 weeks and one day. Keep having pain in what feels like my right Fallopian tube. Weird??

I don't really know if it is weird but I have the same thing on the left. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats! I'm 5 weeks, 1 day! The mild cramping your having - does it kinda feel like you're going to start your period? That's what mine feel like, and it freaks me out!
  • I have read that this could be a sign of a tubal pregnancy. If its sore to the touch I'd be concerned. If not it may just be cramping. Hope it gets better!
  • This is my first, and I'll be five weeks Monday, but i have the period crampiness too. But mostly I'm tired and my breasts are killing me.
  • I have 3 children and I'm still petrified of miscarriage. I have miscarried before its so heartbreaking but I'm determined not to worry there is nothing I can do so you just look after yourself and keep busy the weeks will fly by and before you know it you'll have a scan pic to reassure you. X
  • I'm going through the same thing! Me and my husband found out we were pregnant last July and we were 5m along and we miscarried. It was very hard emotionally and we couldn't get pregnant right away. Finally we just gave up and this month we found out we are expecting and i am 5w. But it is diffently nerving waiting to go to the doctor. Im just trying not to be stressed and relaxed and what will happen will happen.

• I also have that feeling on the left side. Glad to know it isn't just me :)
  • I suggest also checking out the Pregnant After a Loss board. The ladies over there have all gone through losses and seem to be extremely supportive. I've just recently started splitting between this board and that one. We all share your nervous excitement :)
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"