LGBT Parenting

Weekend plans?

What's on the agenda?
| lesbian mom and hoosier |
| partner to my jelly jam since 02.14.05 |
| mommy to a sweet boy born 02.18.09 |
CafeMom Tickers

Re: Weekend plans?

• Tonight - We were supposed to have a date night one last time before the boys arrive but I had to cancel that.  We at least cancel the out of the house option.  The boys have dropped and I can barely stand up let alone walk.  We are now discussing take out options.  I am a little bummed as I have been in my house now for almost 3 weeks with only trips to the doctor and a quick trip to target a week ago. Also I am setting all of my out of office stuff today even though I will work on Monday so that is a little exciting.

Saturday - My mom is going to the wholesale grocer to get us some quick/easy stuff for when the boys are here and to help us feed our help.  She will be coming by in the morning to drop it off so probably spend a little time with her.  Then it will be back to house arrest and probably a lot of time in the bath tub as that is the only place I am comfortable.

Sunday - Probably a day of lounging in bed.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • JGYJGY
    Ancient Membership 500 Comments 250 Love Its Name Dropper

Wow 2Moms2Be you are SO CLOSE!!  I can't wait to hear your birth story and see pics (hopefully you'll share). 

Let's see .. tonight I need to run around like a crazy person choosing and buying hostess gifts for Saturday.  S is still on this lunatic diet, so still no nice relaxing Friday night dinner together or (god forbid) a date night out.  Ah well, only 1 more week.

Tomorrow we have a Baby Shower being thrown for us by some of my lovely coworkers.  It should be a really fun event, I'm excited that every single person invited (11) is coming and the guest list really crosses some managerial levels, along with including a few people who are no longer with the company.  I feel really special and supported, knowing all of these people are choosing to be there on a Saturday. 

Later tomorrow I will have a Prenatal massage - can't wait!

Sunday we have a brunch to attend for a friend's birthday (typically we host this event every year, but she gave us a "Year off" in honor of my giant bump).  After that I will have my typical 3 hour Sunday rehearsal for the Choir that I sing with in the winter.

Somewhere in there I'll need to find a significant amount of time to unpack and sort gifts from last weekend's shower, and then get those thank you notes written.  A few loads of laundry and some solid time spent working on dog training wouldn't hurt either.

Looks like it'll be another busy one for us!

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN (effed up RE protocol)
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy Gabriel Born 3/24/13

• tonight - B day dinner

sat - Dinner with friends who also shares same b day  a bar and an overnight away from the girls 1st time YIKES!

Sun - Sunday brunch and hopefully a bloody Mary 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Well We are still in the 2ww and although it's only been 4 days I'm so anxious!!! We are trying to keep busy this weekend to keep our minds off of it.

Tonight we are having a night in the weather is HORRIBLE where we will put together our IKEA purchases and probably catch up on True Blood so we can return it to the library.

Tomorrow C has to work at noon and I'll probably work on school work and laundry and then I have a volunteer obligation.

Sunday we are meeting my family for lunch so that should be a nice little trip!
  • Cleaning and attempting to stay warm. Fun, right? Yea... Not so much lol.

We will probably do some more research on baby items and begin talking names. No, we haven't even tried the name talk yet as we have completely different tastes.
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
  • I'm flying solo this weekend! S is attending a vegas "boys" weekend with a friend of ours that's about to get married. I'm in no way worried, but hope she has fun. I'll take full advantage of the alone time I'm sure.She said she wanted to cancel on them because of our recent baby news. I told her she was silly and to go.

Dinner plans with old friends were cancelled due to the weather here, so catching up on American Horror Story and Downton Abbey are probably in the cards. Yeah, kind of a weird combo.

Saturday, working and then a movie with a coworker friend.

Magically I got Sunday off, so I'm meeting one friend for lunch, another couple for dinner. I clearly wait to catch up with friends when S is out of town! Haha! It's just with me working two jobs, I don't ever want to spend my free time out when I could be at home with her. 

DP and I have been together since 1/2007 and had a wedding ceremony 5/11

IUIs - natural cycle, one cancelled, 2 w/50mg Clomid

IUI #4 - 5mg Femera, ovidril Jan 2012 BFP!!! Beta 13DPO= 41, 15DPO = 123; 1st u/s at 6w4d HB 132!; 2nd u/s 8w4d HB 179

EDD 9.26.13

• Today is my mom's birthday, so that means the whole entire weekend is about her.  I love my mother dearly, but she is a princess and not your typical mother.  Tonight I am going out with her "friends" which is mainly women that are in her biker club.  Tomorrow we are going to out to dinner with my mom, her new boyfriend, my sister and her ex-husband that she is now dating and my wife. My sister and I are just hoping and praying that the new boyfriend doesn't propose to my mom at the dinner. Talk about a craziness that is my family.  

I would really rather stay home and eat ice cream hoping for a BFP test on Monday, though I just took a test early and it was BFN :-(   So I am not super hopeful at this point.  

I am hoping and praying that I can recover and relax on Sunday with no family drama. 

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We will be welcoming Adalyn Elizabeth on 9/2/14 :-)

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2 yrs old, M,  and 6 months old, K

• JGYJGY
    image trisholio:

I would really rather stay home and eat ice cream hoping for a BFP test on Monday, though I just took a test early and it was BFN :-(   So I am not super hopeful at this point.  

Not sure of your exact timing, but just wanted to chime in that I did get a BFP after an early BFN.  I know when I was in that situation I was searching for anyone else that had been in that situation, grasping for a little hope.  So here's some hope for you!  Good luck. Big Smile

Edit - Apparently I like the word "Situation" today.  And no, I do not watch Jersey Shore!

TTC since 6/11

• image JGY:
    image trisholio:

Not sure of your exact timing, but just wanted to chime in that I did get a BFP after an early BFN.  I know when I was in that situation I was searching for anyone else that had been in that situation, grasping for a little hope.  So here's some hope for you!  Good luck. Big Smile

Edit - Apparently I like the word "Situation" today.  And no, I do not watch Jersey Shore!

This totally!  When we got our BFP it was after two days of testing and getting BFNs. I was completely devastated.  I finally decided to try one more day with a different test and low and behold a BFP.   On the day we got our BFP I used first response early response and the line was so faint I didn't believe it until I showed like two other people.   Try not to get down!  It's a very stressful process.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    EDD 02/21/13
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Work, work, and more work  Sad  I have a couple of deadlines coming up on Monday morning, and a bunch of meetings to prep for next week.

At least I won't have to be out all weekend in the weather we're having.  Can't wait for spring!!

Anniversary
  • Thank you ladies!  I knew it was probably a little early to test, my period should start on Monday.  So we will see what happens.  This is a stressful process, and as I kinda explained I have major family drama going on.  I really just want a glass or five of wine to deal with the crazies.  But I won't :-( 

image 2moms2b:
    image JGY:
    image trisholio:

This totally!  When we got our BFP it was after two days of testing and getting BFNs. I was completely devastated.  I finally decided to try one more day with a different test and low and behold a BFP.   On the day we got our BFP I used first response early response and the line was so faint I didn't believe it until I showed like two other people.   Try not to get down!  It's a very stressful process.

T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We will be welcoming Adalyn Elizabeth on 9/2/14 :-)

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2 yrs old, M,  and 6 months old, K

• JGYJGY
    image trisholio:

Thank you ladies!  I knew it was probably a little early to test, my period should start on Monday.  So we will see what happens.  This is a stressful process, and as I kinda explained I have major family drama going on.  I really just want a glass or five of wine to deal with the crazies.  But I won't :-( 

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I say go ahead and have a glass or two of wine.  When I got that BFN, it was on 10DPO.  I was home visiting my family and had SO hoped to be able to share great news on my Dad's Birthday.  (If I had 1 more day under my belt I would have seen that the temp. dip that morning that I attributed to my impending AF, was actually an implantation dip followed by a spike).  Anyway, I was so sad about it that when I went to the airport to fly home that afternoon I indulged in a FEW beers to drown the sorrows.  It's entirely possible that the ensuing relaxed state allowed my body to accept that implantation.  You never know. 

So I say go for it.  Whatever relaxes you.  It's WAY too early to have any negative effect on that little sticky anyway.

TTC since 6/11

• image JGY:
    image trisholio:

Thank you ladies!  I knew it was probably a little early to test, my period should start on Monday.  So we will see what happens.  This is a stressful process, and as I kinda explained I have major family drama going on.  I really just want a glass or five of wine to deal with the crazies.  But I won't :-( 

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I say go ahead and have a glass or two of wine.  When I got that BFN, it was on 10DPO.  I was home visiting my family and had SO hoped to be able to share great news on my Dad's Birthday.  (If I had 1 more day under my belt I would have seen that the temp. dip that morning that I attributed to my impending AF, was actually an implantation dip followed by a spike).  Anyway, I was so sad about it that when I went to the airport to fly home that afternoon I indulged in a FEW beers to drown the sorrows.  It's entirely possible that the ensuing relaxed state allowed my body to accept that implantation.  You never know. 

So I say go for it.  Whatever relaxes you.  It's WAY too early to have any negative effect on that little sticky anyway.

I agree... prior to 6 weeks baby is getting nutrients from the yolk sac so if that little bud is implanting right now, a few drinks won't affect anything.  I had a few glasses here and there through our TWW and just didn't anymore once we got our BFP.

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    EDD 02/21/13
  • image 2moms2b:
    image JGY:
    image trisholio:

I agree... prior to 6 weeks baby is getting nutrients from the yolk sac so if that little bud is implanting right now, a few drinks won't affect anything.  I had a few glasses here and there through our TWW and just didn't anymore once we got our BFP.

I agree as well. I indulged in a few drinks during our TWW and don't regret it! The advice that you were given by pp is exactly why I don't regret it. Enjoy that glass of wine!
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*