February 2013 Moms

My little man is here! (birth story inside)

Rhys was born at 6:29 this morning and, while I didn't think it was possible, his birth was even more calm and laid back than his big brother's!

I was admitted to L&D around 8 pm and was 4-5 cm, and still relatively comfortable.  At midnight, I was 7-8 so my MW suggested getting the epi in case I progressed quickly from there.  Epi was placed, I slept for a couple of hours, then just tried to relax and wait for my MW to come back and check me.  At 6 she came in, peeked under the blanket and said, "OH it's baby time.  Let's do this!"

I gave two really good pushes and my MW told me that one more good push would have the baby out....well, she was right!  Rhys is 7 lbs 13oz, 20" long, has tons of brown hair and nurses like a champ.  And no tearing, for which I have religious use of EPO to thank! ;)

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes last night, and thanks to Aegis for jumping on the Friday ticker change!

Missed m/c discovered 3/15/12 at 8w2d: "Henry."

imageView Full Size Image
Jack 04/29/10 dairy peanut and seasonal allergies; Sensory Processing Disorder, Autism
Rhys 01/25/13 Peanut and tree nut allergy, MSPI
Lilypie - (cF7R) Lilypie - (Phka)

"We are in Buckingham Palace, the very heart of the British nation.  Sherlock Holmes, put your trousers ON!"

Re: My little man is here! (birth story inside)