Trying to Get Pregnant

New to site..need feedback

Hey I came off of nuva ring BC in December. First day of period 1-9. I have been doing the OPK since the end of my period and have not missed a day. Still no smiley face-including this morning when I did it. I test at the same time everyday as the box recommends. I noticed a light pink gel like discharge today. Could this be ovulation? Even though the OPK didn't detect anything?? I don't remember ever having this before, but I have been on BC for about 8 years.

Re: New to site..need feedback

• It's possible you have a short surge and missed it if you are only testing once a day.  It also could just be run of the mill mid-cycle spotting.  You really won't know if it was ovulation bleeding if you don't chart.  You should look into fertilityfriend.com and read the newbie link at the top of the forum.

ETA: You can get to Fertility Friend via the chart in my signature.

• I chart using phone app pink pad. It says yesterday for my ovulation day. I have never had mid cycle spotting before so do you think it would all of the sudden start now? Crossing my fingers for ovulation!
  • Loading the player...
  • Could be, could be anything, really. Check out the other thread about being late after stopping birth control. It's very common to have unusual cycles for the first few months. Random patterns of CM, random spotting that you may not have experienced before, late ovulation, you name it.

Keep trying the OPKs and like a PP suggested, try testing twice a day. You may also want to start charting your basal body temperature to confirm that you actually did ovulate after the positive OPK.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image3to4:
    I chart using phone app pink pad. It says yesterday for my ovulation day. I have never had mid cycle spotting before so do you think it would all of the sudden start now? Crossing my fingers for ovulation!

Tracking dates is not what we mean by "charting." Those apps are useless.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagespacepotatoes:

image3to4:
    I chart using phone app pink pad. It says yesterday for my ovulation day. I have never had mid cycle spotting before so do you think it would all of the sudden start now? Crossing my fingers for ovulation!

Yep, what SP said.
    Unless you're putting your BBT results into that app, it's crap and it's not accurate.
    <3 *Evan Michael* <3
    {06/15/2010 ~ 9lbs. 4oz, 22.5in.}
    <3 *Twin Angel Babies* <3
    {Said Goodbye on 08/13/2011 at 17w3d}
    No longer TTC
    *~Kisses to My Bestie Boo, ScrappyLika~*

• imageCMSullivan326:
    imagespacepotatoes:

image3to4:

Yep, what SP said. Unless you're putting your BBT results into that app, it's crap and it's not accurate.

As these ladies said, you need to be charting your BBT (waking temperature) in order to accurately know if you O'd.

• And I need to get the special thermometer for that right? Thanks yall! I had no idea there was a difference.

• Yes, a basal body thermometer.  Most women here use the Mabis digital.  You can get it at walmart or amazon.com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"