March 2011 Moms

Son not talking much

Hi I haven't been on here for a while. I'm sorry for that but my son was 5 weeks early and he isn't talking much. He says mama and dada, bubbles, dog, cat but other than that he just smacks his lips or sings which is really cute. He completely understands everything I ask of him but he doesn't see the need to talk. I made an appointment to get him evaluated I am nervous that something will be up.
Anybody else have a tot that's still not talking?

Re: Son not talking much

• DD is just now getting to where she's picking up more and more words.  It was a bit of a word explosion when it did happen.  It seems like at her 18 month appointment they wanted her to be saying anywhere from 15-20 words, but by 24 months, it's supposed to be anywhere from 100-150.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My lo isn't talking either. We are going through the process of getting her into a program where once a wk or so a speech therapist comes to our home and works with her and me. Her sister went has gone through the same thing.
    Aiden's birth mom: born 2/3/04 Riley's mom: born 6/30/06 Autumn's mom: born 5/27/08 Lily's mom: born 3/28/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Our daughter doesn't have a large vocabulary yet.  She can say mama, dada, kitty, shoe, yes, no and a few others, but not to much.  She understands what I ask her to do, and she will babble in conversation with a ton of facial expression, so she knows what she is saying.  I'm not to worried yet.  Sometimes it just takes them a little longer to pick it up.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think some just don't feel the need to talk much.  My DD is more about her hand signals.  We only taught her 1 sign a long time ago.  She is making up her own signals so we know what she wants.  Its a little ridic :)  She loves angelina ballerina and instead of telling me she wants to watch it, she does a ballet pose instead. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"